Nolan vs Shoei sizes - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Nolan vs Shoei sizes

Could anyone comment on the relative sizes of a Nolan and a Shoei helmet. I currently wear an X-11.

Many thanks,
Chris

2006 910S
2019 BMW S1kR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 09:53 PM

I have a X-lite X-801R and fits me true to size. I also take a small in Arai Rx-7, Suomy, and all other helmets I have, except for the Vemar VSREV (XS in that one) and Shrak RSX (medium). I've tried on the x-11 and the small is way too tight. My personal opinion.

I would say the RSX and X-11 is the same sizing.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsight512 View Post
I currently wear an X-11.
Me too Chris.

Just a question.....The X-11 and the RX7 Corsair are generally conceded to be at the top of the food chain. (I know, I know, lots of other opinions here, but this is my post, so bite me )

Why would you be considering a Nolan if you're currently riding with the best? If it's a matter of fitment, why not try the Arai?

BTW....I've got a mellon head and wear a XXL in both Arai and Shoei.....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 09:06 AM

Don't forget that Jorge Lorenzo and other European racers wear Nolan. It's really too bad that Nolan does not sell their top line helmets here in the states.

My X-801R was their cats meow before the RR and the 802. I love the way the 801 feels, I like it more than my Rx-7.

FWIW, try the Suomy Vandal. My helmet of choice right now, at least for track duty.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Don't forget that Jorge Lorenzo and other European racers wear Nolan.
Rommel: As I understand, all the top level racers wear custom fitted zillion dollar helmets. No one wears an off the shelf helmet. Am I correct?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Me too Chris.

Just a question.....The X-11 and the RX7 Corsair are generally conceded to be at the top of the food chain. (I know, I know, lots of other opinions here, but this is my post, so bite me )

Why would you be considering a Nolan if you're currently riding with the best? If it's a matter of fitment, why not try the Arai?

BTW....I've got a mellon head and wear a XXL in both Arai and Shoei.....
Hi Randy,

Whenever I stop on the bike some hot chick rips the X-11 off of my head to see who the cool guy on the Brutie is. They are getting expensive to replace. Now that I think about it, maybe I should just get an F4. That'd solve my problem.

But seriously, I am just looking for something different. It's not a question of fit. The X-11 fits my head like a glove. Better than Arai or Suomy, although I wouldn't mind having a Suomy either. The fit is pretty good.

Are Nolan helmets generally considered to be a lesser quality piece? I just like the look of the "Melandri" helmet fs in the classified section and was thinking of trying it out.

I appreciate the feedback. Keep it comin'.

2006 910S
2019 BMW S1kR
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM

I can't afford the custom fitted helmet, so off the shelf it is. I guess I should clarify that European WSB and GP riders also wear Nolans. They should not be considered of lesser quality than Shoei, Arai, Shark, or any of the US marketed products.

I'm referring to the X-lite 801R, 801RR, 802. Not sure about the other models.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...et-weights.htm

It is a pretty extensive review of helmets including fit so you might get an idea of what size you're looking for.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsight512 View Post
Whenever I stop on the bike some hot chick rips the X-11 off of my head to see who the cool guy on the Brutie is. They are getting expensive to replace. Now that I think about it, maybe I should just get an F4. That'd solve my problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode