MV Agusta Forum banner

Dainese Verbier Pelle Gore-tex Jacket: thoughts?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  EBBO 
#1 ·
Any thoughts about the Dainese Verbier Pelle Gore-tex Jacket-- Experience riding with it --or is it too new to the market place?

At some point I need to get a great jacket again. My old Hein Gericke looks like road kill after 20 years. Vanson was top of my list until I've learned about the Dainese. What troubles me is knowing how leather behaves over the years of use. Horse tack, boots, pants, jackets, and gloves all need periodic conditioning and general care. I think Dainese is asking alot of leather to withstand extreme weather conditions as a Gor-tex laminated product, even with embedded chemicals. The leather might only be 1.5 mm. at a premium price. All that said the jacket seems well designed and expertly crafted.

#4 ·
Thanks Dave for the heads-up, the Merlin is an interesting design as well -- not as clean as the Dainese. I'll have to ride down Rt 9 to KneeDraggers in Delaware. They carry the jacket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.