Lithium Battery & Charger Advice - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Lithium Battery & Charger Advice

Good day gents,

After suffering a load of el-cheapo Gel batteries from ebay that were useless, I invested in a Lithium SSB powersport, but I use a standard entry level trickle charger with over-current/voltage protection to tend the battery.

This is on a Daytona 675 track bike. The charger was compatable with the battery, and the battery claims to be okay with standard chargers.

Unfortunately I've been busy and I let the Lithium get depleted for a couple of months, and now I can't wake it up with the trickle charger. It's reading 0.1v. I'll give it a blast with the big charger later, but the thing is, I had a couple issues anyway, so looking to upgrade.

1) On the track days, by the end of the day the battery was getting too low and inhbiting my RPM's, that's how I could tell it was going flat. The bike has a nice upgraded MOSFET regulator from a good brand, so no issues with the charging from the bike.

Can anyone recommend me a nice Battery tender/Battery combo they have had good success with?

Ideally, I'd like the light weight of a Lithium battery rather than a Gel battery. But If we go Lithium, I want a battery tender to go with it that is capable of delivering a FAST charge, so that I can plug the bike in between sessions thus ensuring I don't run low on battery juice by the end of the last sessions. Or just a better lithium battery perhaps than the SSB one.

I'd also like the battery tender to be okay to charge standard gel/acid batteries for my other bikes, although that won't be it's primary purpose.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 01:03 AM

New Site Garage
When a Lithium goes below 9.6V you can forget about saving it, SSB is average in quality when it come's to Lithium batteries, and does not offer a manual BMS port (bms being battery management system), I sell them and have revived a few from 10V and up, but the bikes charging system is often it's biggest enemy.

Ballistic do a tender with proper charger for individual cell balance and charging, the same charger also works on my Shorai and Antigravity ports, plugs straight in.
You need this - similar as the Ballistic item, on eBay as seen on eBay in 1st picture
Link to Ballistic YouTube stuff, the plug they supply is universal to the above mentioned brands.
Last picture with 3 batteries - Ballistic charger with balancing cable, it's the thin one with the white plug on it.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 08-02-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode