gloves: sizing, snug or not - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

gloves: sizing, snug or not

I went out this weekend with new gloves and noticed there is some excess leather in the palm area. Should I exchange for a smaller size?

This was the first time I used these gloves I didn't have my bike with me when I bought them. The finger lengths are great, the thumb is a big long. The gloves are not snug and not soft yet.

My friend says the rolled up leather in my palm can give me blisters and as the leather softens the excess will increase.

With your collective wisdom should I aim for a really snub pair of gloves and let them break in for the perfect fit? or should I keep these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM

I like my gloves pretty tight... As a general rule all the leather you wear (jacket, suit, gloves, whatever) is acting like a second skin and it needs to be pretty snug to do its job correctly. If its loose it will tear if you crash and leave your skin exposed...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:50 AM
The Dude

most gloves to me seem to have a bit of bunching up on the palm, some more than others.

You don't want gloves tight on the fingertips though, that will hurt after a short time.

On the palms, I just would be careful to make sure the excess doesn't impede your grip on the handlebars.

I've found with new gloves that are too snug, i wear them a couple times, find they aren't comfy, and just go back to the old ones.

probably worth trying on a smaller size and see if they seem reasonable. You don't want them super tight either, like for putting two fingers to cover the brake, that shouldn't require effort of fighting the glove to move them there (i have some like this and it is annoying).

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidiracer View Post
I like my gloves pretty tight... As a general rule all the leather you wear (jacket, suit, gloves, whatever) is acting like a second skin and it needs to be pretty snug to do its job correctly. If its loose it will tear if you crash and leave your skin exposed...

I agree here, the gloves should be snug tight fit so when you fall the glove should stay in place to protect your hands, knuckles etc.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM

I got long fingers but smallish palms, so mostly fit Large for the finger length which means the palm is too big for me. A loose palm gives me blisters, but a smaller size is impossible for my fingers. Once in a while, I come across something that sort of fits. Use to wear fingerless gloves (summer gloves) on the harley, but those days are in the past.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode