New helmet time... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

New helmet time...

I usually get a new one about once every two years... I really wanted an OGK but they are pricey and the parts are hard to get. Not to mention I can't try one on. So I went with the HJC FS-15 in Carbon. BEAUTIFUL lid... its light as a feather.. the interior is fantastic... just as nice as my Suomy Extreme liner. Great looking lid. Also has pinlocks... kinda like tear-offs (I love tear-offs) but better. And for 300 bones! Woooo!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...met/hjc/fs-15/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Not very lucky..

Nice lid!
My one and only helmet is about 3 years old now
I think it's time to start looking for another one
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks I am gonna paint it something like this:

But with my own words... And of course the black will be just carbon.

I ALLLMOST with with another Suomy (below) but I really like the feel of the HJC!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Not very lucky..

Funny you put the picture of that Suomy....I was looking at it
the other day, but something is just a little off with the design, so I kept looking.

I think your idea will turn out great, definitely post up pics of the finished product
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidiracer View Post
I usually get a new one about once every two years... I really wanted an OGK but they are pricey and the parts are hard to get. Not to mention I can't try one on. So I went with the HJC FS-15 in Carbon. BEAUTIFUL lid... its light as a feather.. the interior is fantastic... just as nice as my Suomy Extreme liner. Great looking lid. Also has pinlocks... kinda like tear-offs (I love tear-offs) but better. And for 300 bones! Woooo!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...met/hjc/fs-15/
nice looking lid

really hate the visor set up though, the small plastic tab which is on the inside of the visor, that conects it is very easily broken and once gone you have to replace the whole visor. I also like how the description says:- "Putting it back in is maybe a hair trickier", bloody right its trickier!!!!!!

apart from my above little whinge, it is one sure good looking lid, congrats.

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

I agree the Suomy design is good... but its not amazing.

Yeah that little tab is kind of a pain but a lot of my other helmet visors have little quirks and are a pain too. I actually dont plan on changing visors very often because it has that pinlock thing (or whatever its called). I just put in a tinted one during the day... then if I get caught out too late I can just pull it out and put it in my bag or bike. Much better than getting stuck out with a tinted visor at night... I hate that!

Goes on the inside and is also anti-fog I LOOOVE tear-offs but most helmets dont use them... this is pretty much the same thing so I am pretty excited to try it out. I like the idea of it.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 AM

I love Suomy's. The visor changing process can be a little tricky - I remember sitting there like wtf how do I put this visor back in!! - but once you get the hang of it the 1st few times, it's not bad at all. I can swap visors in about 30 secs now. You can buy a couple of them, so you'll never have to change the visor at all!

The Kid
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I was pretty good with my Suomy after a few tries... I generally just used a car key to pop the little sides off. I have heard people have a problem with the little plastic pieces breaking though. I never had that problem. I loved my Suomy too! Unfortunately it got taken out in a 130mph crash haha.

I plan on buying a few of the pinlock things yeah I might change the visor once a month or so just to clean it really well. Now I need it to get WARM! its about 45 outside... Its starting to warm up though.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Oh btw, I've ordered 3 Suomy's from this site and found they usually have amazing deals on Suomy's and excellent service. Just FYI

http://www.speedaddictcycles.com/

The Kid
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidiracer View Post
Yeah I was pretty good with my Suomy after a few tries... I generally just used a car key to pop the little sides off. I have heard people have a problem with the little plastic pieces breaking though. I never had that problem. I loved my Suomy too! Unfortunately it got taken out in a 130mph crash haha.

I plan on buying a few of the pinlock things yeah I might change the visor once a month or so just to clean it really well. Now I need it to get WARM! its about 45 outside... Its starting to warm up though.
Hey glad you're ok and here to tell us about i! Well, at least we know today's modern helmets work

The Kid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode