Vemar Helmets - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Vemar Helmets

I was looking at helmets at the Motorcycle Trade Expo and liked the look of the Vemar lids, has anyone got any feedback on them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Established Member

Thumbs up Beg Borrow Steal- just get It

Bought the Vemar VSREV late last year from Extreme Supply , sad day for my new shoei have not worn it since. The Vemar is alot queiter with noticably less drag front and side on when turning your head easier on the neck muscles, The difference at higher speeds is even more pronounced . I normally wear 57 and found the Vemar size "small " perfect
I think the shape must better suited in forward riding stance of the F4 . Sorry to sound like a salesman but this is the best helmet I have owned so far , Will be buying the Vemar Carbon next time the NZ $ reaches a good level .

Sorry for Leaking Enthusiasm
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying kiwi View Post
Bought the Vemar VSREV late last year from Extreme Supply , sad day for my new shoei have not worn it since. The Vemar is alot queiter with noticably less drag front and side on when turning your head easier on the neck muscles, The difference at higher speeds is even more pronounced . I normally wear 57 and found the Vemar size "small " perfect
I think the shape must better suited in forward riding stance of the F4 . Sorry to sound like a salesman but this is the best helmet I have owned so far , Will be buying the Vemar Carbon next time the NZ $ reaches a good level .

Sorry for Leaking Enthusiasm
Cheers for the info Chris,
In March we are opening an MV dealership in Derbyshire, UK, so we are looking at leathers, helmets etc. I especially liked the look of the Vemar lids and the BKS leathers so I am just trying to get some feedback on how people rate them.

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM

Cool

I'm biased and hesitant to go with one of the "cheaper" brands, so I stick with the Corsair (2) and AGV's TiTech (1 Ago replica), none of which incidentally give me the "perfect" fit.

Oh well...

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Established Member

love my vemar carbon. quiet,light, and the inside is so plush and soft compared to my others.-VAN
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM

I have a Shoei x-11, but the carbon Vemar looks very tempting. Anyone has any crash ratings for Vemar?

...People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 05:07 PM
lk

I have the Vemar Carbon and I love it.. only problem with it is that it feels like its not really covering the chin area.

But.. since then i purchased an OGK-FF5 and i love it more. The looks are great as well as fit and finish.. it's very comfortable and has excellent air flow. The visor is very easy to remove and reattach. It looks and feels like a better helmet than anything i've had before.

The Vemar does have an amazing interior.. feels like suede.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Established Member

I have a Vemar Carbon and would highly recommend it -super-light, very aerodynamic and extremely comfortable.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demitris View Post
Anyone has any crash ratings for Vemar?
I lowsided my F4 at Pacific Raceways in Auburn, WA, while wearing my carbon VSR. It split at the chin when I hit the ground or air fence, I don't know. I walked away from it, well walked to the ambulance, so I guess it did it's job. I probably gave myself a concussion but my cat scan the next day showed I was ok.

That count as a crash rating?

by the way, the carbon on the chin is only 1 maybe 2 layers thick
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Established Member

Oh yeah, I had already purchased a spare carbon vsr from kneedraggers. I wear it occasionally, but I find myself wearing this more

Last edited by carbonmv; 02-05-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode