Air Conditioned my new TV Lusso! - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Air Conditioned my new TV Lusso!

Hey Guys, got my new MV TV Lusso yesterday from Houston Superbikes, the one I've been waiting and waiting on, finally the day has arrived!
So, my first project was to make riding it bearable in the Houston summer which has already arrived somehow. I had made a plan to use a portable cool shirt system which is from one of my race cars. The photos show the process. I drilled two holes in the left panniere and ran two hose connections through it, they stay mounted permanently. One end of the hoses connect to the ice water filled CoolShirt bag when it's filled and locked up inside the panniere. When I'm seated on the bike with my CoolShirt on under my jacket I just connect the hoses and the ice water is on me instantly. I rode about three hours out in the country today in 90F heat and it was wonderful, the bike I mean, the air conditioning was pretty cool, too!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:36 PM

New Site Garage
Interesting idea. Not that it's applicable here though.

Glad that you're liking the Turismo.
r6ymy and r6ymy like this.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

I suppose the opposite would work, fill it with hot water for those cold June afternoons in "Ol' Blighty"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 03:59 AM

New Site Garage
True though an electrically heated vest is a simpler option that leaves the panniers vacant for other purposes and free of holes.

I have perforated leathers and boots for the odd occasion that we get a decent amount of sun or when touring in the hotter parts of Europe (no doubt nothing like Texas temperature-wise).

Chas

Last edited by Bumpkin; 03-23-2017 at 04:01 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 12:58 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markammerman View Post
I suppose the opposite would work, fill it with hot water for those cold June afternoons in "Ol' Blighty"
Same as Chas : electric equipment seems much more suitable for this especially considering the two DIN outlet available exactly at perfect position for both pilot and passenger.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:01 PM

New Site Garage
One thing I would eventually consider is to equip the luggage with a powered DIN outlet to be able to charge something while riding... Although, it should be fairly easier and less destructive to do this within a tankbag

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:38 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
One thing I would eventually consider is to equip the luggage with a powered DIN outlet to be able to charge something while riding... Although, it should be fairly easier and less destructive to do this within a tankbag
I agree. I have a small Givi tank bag that has a cable entry point (you can buy a specific power kit for the bag). I pass a USB though this to charge my phone, which is in there whilst I ride anyway, if I need to. This cable obviously plugs into one of the USB ports below the dash.

Chas
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 03:25 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
I agree. I have a small Givi tank bag that has a cable entry point (you can buy a specific power kit for the bag). I pass a USB though this to charge my phone, which is in there whilst I ride anyway, if I need to. This cable obviously plugs into one of the USB ports below the dash.
Agree (Givi tankbag as well with a cable for this purpose)

However, there is one use case where powered luggage could be helpful : to charge our helmet Bluetooth headsets (it would require a timed battery output of 3 hours on 5V/2A). I found out that my powerbank which works perfectly to charge a phone doesn't work to charge my Sena 10U (I'm still skeptical as of why), and maybe a possibility to have a USB charger working in the luggage (when bike is not running and with a timed switch) would help in this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:03 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
I found out that my powerbank which works perfectly to charge a phone doesn't work to charge my Sena 10U (I'm still skeptical as of why)
Possibly you have the wrong powerbank

Spoke too soon, stops charging after about 20 minutes. Possibly draw is too little so the powerbank shuts down? Remove and plug back in and it starts again but soon stops...

Chas

Last edited by Bumpkin; 03-23-2017 at 06:32 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:28 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Possibly you have the wrong powerbank

Spoke too soon, stops charging after about 20 minutes. Possibly draw is too little so the powerbank shuts down? Remove and plug back in and it starts again but soon stops...
Exactly the same here , and exactly the same thinking :-D. My problem is that generally, when it's time to charge the Sena on the week-ends I ride with friends, there is a conjunction of events that doesn't help:
- lack of wall socket (thanks the USB ports on the MV solves a lot of this problem while riding - The Sena is still a problem)
- generally during dinner or night, my attention is somewhere else and I won't check the charge is happening. That's a way having the Sena very lightly charged in the morning.

In short, need to find a proper solution for this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :

Tags
lusso, new tv, tv lusso

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode