Schuberth Helmets - Where to get? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Schuberth Helmets - Where to get?

In the US - Does anyone know of a eTailer that's got decent pricing?

I've seen reviews that Schuberth typically fits small, what's your experience?

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 09:02 AM

Hi,i have the S1,very good helmet,does seem to go on the slightly smaller side of other helmet sizes,allso if you buy online check about the visors,i bought mine for (if i remember right) £350 and after a short time the visor was scratched on the surfaces so much that in bright sun light was a nightmare to see,went back to shop and found out they will replace under warrenty (and found that is a long waiting list of people with this prob)and these visors if you buy one will cost £50.No prob with shop as they say untill they fix this prob they will supply visors free.Dont let this put you off,superb helmet,just saying this if you buy online,maybe a retailer will supply visors ,just something to enquire about.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Thx for the reply, do you mind me asking what other helmets are you comparing the S1 to? (it is quiet, or feels lighter than...)

Also what kind of riding do you do when are wearing the S1? (sport bike VS naked bike VS full touring)

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Established Member

I'd heard that the S1 is quite a heavy helmet, and that the R1 is lighter, but the manufacturer claims they are the quietest

helmets on the road.

I drink to make other people more interesting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustawind View Post
I'd heard that the S1 is quite a heavy helmet, and that the R1 is lighter, but the manufacturer claims they are the quietest

helmets on the road.

Yeah the older S1 is amongst the heavier helmets.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...et-weights.htm

But the S1 pro weights in at 1525 grams which falls within the middle of the road. (According to Schuberth - size unknown)

http://www.schuberth.com/index.php?id=89&L=1
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 02:50 PM

Schuberth S1

Hi Insider,

i dont´t have an adress to by in USA, but i own the S1pro since May. The S1 and R1 does´t fit to my head, i thought i loose my ears when trying the size. So i bought a Scorpion Ex0 700. But in town or at lower temperatures i got fog on the visor and always some wind in the helmet and my eyes teared. When the S1 pro appeared i tried it can tell you
it´s not to heavy, more aerodynamic, about 200 km/h the visor of Scorpion pressed on my nose, less noise, no fog because of pinlock double visor, very good ventilation in summer. And an integrated sun visor too. So for my opinion, best buy. Where ? ask at
http://schuberth.de/index.php?id=hae...country=83&L=1

Kind regards Ralf
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
Hi Insider,

i dont´t have an adress to by in USA, but i own the S1pro since May. The S1 and R1 does´t fit to my head, i thought i loose my ears when trying the size. So i bought a Scorpion Ex0 700. But in town or at lower temperatures i got fog on the visor and always some wind in the helmet and my eyes teared. When the S1 pro appeared i tried it can tell you
it´s not to heavy, more aerodynamic, about 200 km/h the visor of Scorpion pressed on my nose, less noise, no fog because of pinlock double visor, very good ventilation in summer. And an integrated sun visor too. So for my opinion, best buy. Where ? ask at
http://schuberth.de/index.php?id=hae...country=83&L=1

Kind regards Ralf
Hi Ralf , thx for the reply.

Do you ride a sport, naked, or touring bike? So it's true that the Schuberth do fit a size smaller. I normally wear a Arai Cosair XS (53cm~54cm) Guess I should get a S Schuberth (54cm~55cm)

I have found some etailer that will ship world wide and without VAT. I'll post my experiences with them later.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Big Randaddy

Blue Moon Cycle (BMW dealer) in metro Atlanta carries them.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 02:55 AM

Hi Insider,
don´t know the difference to the Arai, but it´s not only a question of regular size. 54-55cm means only the circumference, but you my have a rounder or more oval head, or small cheaks. The S1 and R1 are very small to get in, the S1 pro is easier. I think it would be luck to get the right size, normally you cant´t buy a helmet by size, only by trying if it fits.

My Bike is a Brutale, on the "Autobahn" i go up to 230 km/h - 143 miles, but after some minutes you need a neck like Mike Tyson in his best years. Normally 150km/h - 93 miles is a good speed for touring, 180 km/h - 112 for short trips. All in upright position, i don´t like to rest on the tank.
Ralf
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Established Member

Try extremesupply.com. They are in Signal Hill, CA. I went and tried on some and didn't fit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode