mount for mobile - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
mount for mobile

looking for a mount for my mobile to fit a '14 F3 800 .....any links or advice anyone can provide .......deuces and thanks players and playetts

Cant see the forest because of the trees
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:15 PM

New Site Garage
Waterproof case from Ultimate Addons with one of these to clip on the back plus one of these from RAM replacing any convenient 8mm bolt in the handlebar area and then one of these or one of these to connect the two. The choice of length of the arm dictated by what you need/want the case to clear.

The case does add a bit of bulk to the phone but it's waterproof and pretty tough.

If you want to power the phone then you'll need to find a suitable USB power supply that runs off of 12v. Ultimate Addons do these as well but there are plenty of other places you can get something suitable.

There's probably a source for the Ultimate Addons cases in the States, or something similar.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 08:14 PM

This answer may be late, but one very expensive but absolutely superb solution for mounting Apple phones on the bike is Lifeproof Nüüd:

https://www.lifeproof.ie/en-ie/series-nuud.html

with the bike + bar mount:

iPhone Bike Handlebar Mount | LifeActiv from LifeProof | LifeProof

Functionality is great, especially as the Nüüd works as a rugged and waterproof phone case which is useful for other activities. It keeps everything waterproof even though there is nothing covering the screen, and everything on the phone works as without any case, even the fingerprint detector (usually)!

The one big if is that the handlebar mount may not work with all bikes as it's not a high mount. So you might not have enough room on the bike for a big phone, it could hit the tank when going from lock to lock, you might have to attach the bike mount to a less ideal spot. It works perfectly with the '13-'15 Brutale, just with my big tank bag on I have to angle it a slight bit closer to horizontal so it doesn't hit the edge of the bag at full lock.

And I've recently learned that the release mechanism on the handlebar mount isn't completely nordic weather proof: the spring in it is probably corroding as it doesn't automatically snap the base back to upright position after taking the phone off. Maybe I should take it off the bike when the bike is sitting outside for a long time. It doesn't really affect usability at all, functionally it still works 100%.

Anyway, so the Nüüd is a great waterproof case (though in the rain, gathered water might make the touchscreen think they're fingers and start clicking icons...) and the bar mount is super secure yet handy as hell and quick to use. The only caveats are the high price and the mount might not fit everyone's bike perfectly. If it won't fit my next bike for example, I'd still go with this system but buy the armband as it might be even more handy since it allows you to just always walk away from the bike without worrying about detaching anything: valuables are always on your person!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 01:43 PM

New Site Garage
I use a quadlock case on the iPhone with a poncho for the rain.

And the mount is a Quadlock wall mount drilled at 6mm fixed on a RAM ball. I use then an RAM arm to fix it to the Ball mounted on the handlebar.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode