Tail bag for TV (or other) - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Tail bag for TV (or other)

Has anyone tried a tail bag on the passenger seat?
I've given up on the idea of a top box and set sights on a soft tail bag that would be smaller and less weight than a top box.
I tour for a month at a time and need the extra space, panniers are not enough. Any thoughts? It sounds petty, most would be happy with just the panniers, but I've had many bikes over the years with top boxes or similar, and it's hard to give up old touring habits.

Last edited by Donsy; 01-19-2017 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Added model to Heading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:29 PM

New Site Garage
I use a Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S. It works good for commuting, I can fit my lunch, sweater, gloves and tinted visor in there. It was relatively inexpensive and actually fit on the passenger seat without touching the paint.

HeBGb
2015 Brutale 800 RR
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

HeBGb, I looked at the expandable Nelson Rigg CL-1040-TP which holds 42 litres expanded, looks good online, with good reviews, but may need a base rack fabricated. I'll keep looking at other brands though. Thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:32 AM

Mate - the BEST thing you can do is get the Kriga range of talbags.

It fits extremelly easy, removes easily, completely waterproof. cannot rave enough about this

Kriga | Kriga

I have the us-20 and us-10 pack. The one joins on top of the other to give 30 liters of space. I actually just ordered an additional us-10 (to fir two us-10 on the side of the us-20).

Kriega US Combo 30 Tailpack (US20 + US10) Luggage Pack for Motorcycle Bike | eBay

Kriega US Combo 40 Tailpack (US20 + 2xUS10) Luggage Pack for Motorcycle Bike | eBay

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 06:12 AM

New Site Garage
I got a Kriega US10 for Christmas from the in-laws (well I bought it myself and gave it to my wife to give to them to give me, oddly they gave my wife the money for it... go figure...)

Have yet to fit it to the bike for real, just offered it up. Looks like it's made to fit on the pillion perch of the TV size-wise. Only issue is it'll make the bike more of a stretch to swing my leg over. I might have to resort to standing on the inner peg rather than the floor when mounting.

I accept that the US10 is pretty small but it offers some useful extra space for day to day stuff like waterproofs, food, bottle of water etc. I do have a Givi ST602 tank-bag (quite small) for phone, tyre repair kit, spare gloves, first aid kit etc. but this isn't quite enough if I don't have the panniers fitted. i,e, day trips or days on tour when we stay at the same location for more than one night, it's nice to ride without panniers. On last summer's tour my mate kindly carried my waterproofs on days like this and he's on a 996!

Kriega is really well made, waterproof and very adaptable. Well worth a look.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 01-18-2017 at 06:24 AM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:33 AM

I've had Kriega stuff in the past and it's very well made gear with a premium feel.

It's not so easy to get at stuff though (which is why it's totally waterproof), so a conventional tail pack might be better - then again, a small tank bag, as mentioned above, perhaps secured to the fuel filler flap, might be more practical?

The seat bag for a Stradale has also been mentioned as a small but stylish option - see here STRADALE 800 | BAGS | Seat Bag | MV Agusta

MV Turismo Veloce Lusso
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:53 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripes View Post
a small tank bag, as mentioned above, perhaps secured to the fuel filler flap, might be more practical?
I found that wasn't enough. Though maybe I carry around too much crap

There isn't a big range of tank bags around for the TV. Ideally they need the convenience of a good filler cap ring system as you have to remove them to get to the ignition key. That pretty well narrows it down to either SW Motech or Givi.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:19 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Guys,
I just want to mention that I've got the Held "Tenda". This is not really a big one, but it will the perfect size for a one day trip!!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-tenda-tail-bag

It fits perfect to the bike well...

Greetings from Hamburg

Gero
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:54 PM

Got the Kriega bags they are very good, but access is a pain during a day of riding when you might want to retrive something.

Found the Ogio stealth (or the Dainese D Bag if you want to pay more the the branding!) and it fits very well on the pillion seat. You can get a good 20-23 litres in it, but as Chas implies mounting the bike will become more of a challenge!

https://www.amazon.com/OGIO-Ogio-Tai.../dp/B003952484

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 03:06 PM

So to make access to the kriega easier, as well as remove the need to continually set the straps to different lengths when you add or take stuff out, i got a plastic container that fits precisely into the Kriega. Easy to take container out, open up, get what you want, close, put back. Strap tension also then does not need re-adjustment.

I'll post some photo's when i'm back at home the weekend

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode