Front wheel removal abba stand - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By noggin
  • 2 Post By manicguitarist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Front wheel removal abba stand

Is there a safe jacking point under the engine to get the front wheel of the deck with an abba stand fitted? It all seems a bit flimsy -dont want to break anything...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:43 PM

Have you thought about getting the front lift arm kit for the abba stand?

Front Lift Arm - Abba Stands, UK
Blitzen and Blitzen like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 03:25 PM

New Site Garage
I don't like those Abba stands at all. There's much better and safer units out there Steve, but in general, most hard points under the motor would be fine as you're not really picking the bike up, just rotating it.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 03:36 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin View Post
Have you thought about getting the front lift arm kit for the abba stand?

Front Lift Arm - Abba Stands, UK

This. I have one of these and it is great. With the F3 though I need to place a 1cm thick piece of wood under the stand (the pivot points on the F3 are higher than usual).

Aside from that, I've been using ABBA stands for 18yrs or so - love them. Not sure where Dons gets the idea that they are dangerous - when the bike is on them, they are safe - you can sit on the bike - it isn't going anywhere. They are well made and strong.
Blitzen and Blitzen like this.

Take a chance while you still got the choice.
F3-800 / RVF400. Lancashire, England.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:24 AM

New Site Garage
If using a jack it goes without saying that you should use a bit of soft wood to protect the underbelly of your bike at the very least. Better still, get the Abba front wheel arm as noggin suggests. You seem to imply that you already have the stand itself.

I use one of these for my TV for wheel changes (had to buy a 27mm pin as well) and, in your case, something like that combined with a decent rear stand would also work well.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 PM

New Site Garage
I never said they where dangerous @manicguitarist, just not as simple and safe as others I have seen or used, the original which you are referring to is hugely over complicated compared to other much simpler options, and not nearly as effective either.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the world has moved on from the original stands from ABBA, even they have. For the price, you get a sturdy stand, but not so useful in my opinion.

A rear axle stand and front triple tree stand is a much better option in most cases, but then one can never have too many options.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode