Gerbing heated liner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Gerbing heated liner

I put 700 miles on my TVL this past weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains with my new dual radio controlled Gerbing Gyde heated liner, with temperatures starting at 38F or 3C .

I never dialed the control past the halfway mark and stayed very comfortable. The liner and the control were about $330 from Revzilla. I am 5'11 and 180lbs and am wearing a small. The rep said he was 6'2" and 205 and wears a medium with room to spare.

You could buy gloves, pants and socks, but I do not think it is needed in most climates.

Reports have said the bluetooth piece may not be as reliable as the radio.

This is an excellent piece of equipment.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 11:01 PM

New Site Garage
I don't use my Gerbings gear until it gets into the 20s.

It is great stuff.

***Garage***
2016 BMW S1000RR Premium
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR CORSA
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 06:36 AM

I found that I can keep myself warm, with or without heated gear, but governing factor for me to ride is tire grip and suspension. When it gets too cold my tires have very little grip and the suspension feels primitive, even though I am warm enough...........
The worst for me is riding across the road markings at intersections, here is Boston and these parts, the marking are some sort of polymer that can be extremely slippery.

Last edited by Allworld; 11-16-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I use a Klim jacket all the time, but only with the pants on really cold or long rides. On long rides, for me, the 30's can be ok with layers, but the heated liner lets me wear a shirt without base layers on the bottom or top.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:59 PM

New Site Garage
If I have to wear heated gear then it's too cold to ride. You guys are nuts...either that or you're northerners...which is also nuts.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingertight View Post
If I have to wear heated gear then it's too cold to ride. You guys are nuts...either that or you're northerners...which is also nuts.
Well I am a northerner, and so I guess that makes me nuts, by some peoples standards.
I have spent many hours in the saddle with heated gear and finally came the conclusion, I can stay warm enough with out it. I sort have a cut off temp of 20F, do to the suspension and tires performing too poorly to make it fun.

My heated gear is not very good; the connections work loose and then the heating elements shut off, too many wires and connections. One time a wire hit my exhaust and melted........ it was very cold and I was about 50 miles from home...........
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 02:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
I don't use my Gerbings gear until it gets into the 20s.

It is great stuff.
Hell, I wear mine when its 50 out. Yeah, I dont need it. But you also dont need A/C either, but you still like being comfortable.

Mine is Powerlet but the same stands. With heated gear and a pinlock insert in your helmet there is no "riding season."

Being said I switch to almost exclusively the Guzzi and casual riding because of the cold ground/rubber.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 04:57 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
Well I am a northerner, and so I guess that makes me nuts, by some peoples standards.
I have spent many hours in the saddle with heated gear and finally came the conclusion, I can stay warm enough with out it. I sort have a cut off temp of 20F, do to the suspension and tires performing too poorly to make it fun.

My heated gear is not very good; the connections work loose and then the heating elements shut off, too many wires and connections. One time a wire hit my exhaust and melted........ it was very cold and I was about 50 miles from home...........
You're a brave man. All y'all are welcome in the south where there are no heated riding gear dealers.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingertight View Post
You're a brave man. All y'all are welcome in the south where there are no heated riding gear dealers.
I would need air conditioning..........
I am miserable above 75F
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 08:33 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
I would need air conditioning..........
I am miserable above 75F
And I'm miserable below 75F. I did hear the new Goldwing is going to have air conditioning so you could always do that...if your old enough.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode