New Bursig stand owner, short review - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
New Bursig stand owner, short review

So Bursig finally got some inventory imported recently as I've been waiting months for this thing. It's the only stand I've found that I can put the bike on, remove the wheels, AND then still be able to move the bike around as I please.

I bought it specifically because I wanted to be able to do that. I was about to buy a new front stand since it would be sitting for a while but I always hated how when you have it up on front/rear stands, the bike isn't going anywhere unless you're VERY careful in moving it slowly. Once I got the Bursig working and the bike is lifted, it's a breeze.

Just a couple of notes for people who are interested....

When the stand is shipped to you, you most likely will need a second person to help you initially get this thing setup properly. The reason is that the adapter plate has the 2 bolts which fit onto the bike. The top (larger) bolt isn't moving anywhere, but the bottom one is loose and adjustable and you will have to tighten it down once you get it set.

Fitting the bolts onto the bike the first time is awkward as it seems at first they are misaligned. I wanted to align the bottom (smaller) bolt in first and then slide the top one in. The problem is that by leaving the bottom one loose so it can slide in, this is actually what causes a bit of a problem in getting the whole adapter lined up. This is why I recommend getting a friend to help. With the friend holding the bike upright and steady, get both bolts worked into their respective slots. Once they both are snug and all the way in, NOW you tighten up the bottom bolt as tight as possible. You will need a 19mm wrench for this.

The engine bolt/nut adapter that Bursig ships with the kit that you fit onto the frame takes a 24mm socket. Once you get it torqued down properly, its looks a bit out of place since it sticks out past the frame. I was worried my leg would be rubbing up against it while riding, but so far no real problems. My leathers might get worn on it, but no big deal. The bolt needs to stick out because there's no way for a socket to fit inside that space on the frame.

But the main thing is once you get that bottom bolt on the adapter plate snug and in just the right spot, a single person can now very easily fit the stand to the bike as they demonstrate in their videos. That also takes a little bit of practice as you may need to literally lift the stand up with your one hand and/or angle it a bit to get the bolts to align.

Last edited by Spark; 07-29-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode