Need Helmet help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Need Helmet help

I have always wore Shoei helmets. I do not recall the last time I had any other brand of helmet.. My question is I found a great AGV helmet in an XL. It is in another state so I am not able to try it on. Because of my current work I am not able to make it to any dealers which might carry the AGV helmets to try one on.

So I wear a medium in Shoei, will a XL in AGV fit me? I have heard they run small.

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
I have always wore Shoei helmets. I do not recall the last time I had any other brand of helmet.. My question is I found a great AGV helmet in an XL. It is in another state so I am not able to try it on. Because of my current work I am not able to make it to any dealers which might carry the AGV helmets to try one on.

So I wear a medium in Shoei, will a XL in AGV fit me? I have heard they run small.

Andrew
No Andrew You should get a ML then.
Further ML to XL or so is the same shell size at AGV.
And You can get different size pads.
In general the Pista and Corsa helmets are racing helmets and as such pretty tight.
The K5 is a much more comfortable helmet, has a build in sun visor and is a bargain in comparison.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Big Randaddy

Never buy a helmet without trying it on first. Different sizes, shapes, padding, etc. plus.....you have an extremely odd shaped noggin in the first place.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 11:43 AM

You will find that different models of the same brand of helmet are different shapes for different heads even though they are the same size. A different brand … well. Always try a helmet on (and wear it for at least 15 minutes) before buying it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post

Andrew
Andrew,
if you like carbon helmet, if you can wait until Sep 2016 I might able to hook you up with Bell Pro Star Retail $1299, I might have some 15% discount from retail price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 07:50 PM

XL?! Good god man. I mean, I have had people tell me I have a watermelon shaped head, and I wear a small Arai... your noggin can't be much bigger than mine (no pun intended). But yes, what Randy said. Once you find a fitting helmet (most riders don't know what a helmet actually fitting correctly means), it's best to stick with it unless you have one in your hands to try on. I tried a top on a of the line Bell, and hated it. It literally whistled, and was very uncomfortable to my face shape. Although the photochromatic visor was pretty sweet.

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 04:01 AM

I wore a Large Arai and the Large AGV Corse helmet fit snugly but after a few weeks it fits better now.

James M.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 04:39 AM

If you're going to wear a helmet, then you may as well wear one that fits. Sure an XL will go ON you head. Will it fit it properly no. I find Arai and AGV run a little small compared to Shoei, but not by 2 sizes. Arai S is too small and the M is too big. Hence I stick to Shoei.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 09:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Bell Star......size XL.......

they have fit me perfectly since they 1st came out

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode