TV tankbag inventory - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
LLP

New Site Garage
Smile TV tankbag inventory

Hi there

While waiting my future TV to be delivered I'm looking what tankbag could better fit, and it's difficult to find picture of TV with tankbag ...
I know several of you had bough one, it would be nice if you could post a picture of your bike equipped with tankbag
I looked at givi, kappa, famsa, oxford ...
Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2016, 05:23 PM

New Site Garage
As long as I know - no tankbag will fit perfectly to the TV, because of the injection Key ...

so maybe u looking for a seat bag witch I prefer ...
Attached Images

Gero
Old 06-02-2016, 06:35 PM

New Site Garage
I have a Givi ST602 Tanklock bag, only 4 litres but enough for the essential bits and pieces (puncture kit, visor cleaning kit, sun glasses, phone, compact first aid kit etc.) for a day on the bike so long as the weather forecast is OK. If there's a chance I'll need waterproofs then I'll need to either strap these to the pillion seat or take the hard cases. If the weather is poor I'll be in textiles anyway.

Whilst this bag does obscure the ignition switch; thanks to the ingenious tank-lock mechanism, removal is practically instantaneous, even whilst wearing gloves, and the bag small and light enough for the advantages to out weigh the disadvantages in respect of access.

Having come from using a cavernous Baglux expanding tank-bag on my previous bike I've had to make some rationalisations in what I carry but this is never a bad thing. This included a transition to a helmet with an integral sun visor, time for a change anyway, which meant on days with variable conditions, or whilst on tour, not needing a dark visor in the tank bag (wouldn't fit in the ST602 anyway).

Very happy with the way the bag has worked for me so far. A 10 day tour at the end of this month will be the acid test.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 06-02-2016 at 06:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Established Member

I have the same tankbag as Streetrider. It can hold my mini compressor, puncture repair kit, glasses case, spray mister for cleaning my visor, some paper clothes, small camera and at a push a bottle of water. I can also use it to hold for instance my phone, Ipod etc when using the USB charger.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
LLP

New Site Garage
Thanks for your reply, does the givi box allow rider to see the Dashboard ?
@ Gero : which brand is your tail bag ?
Old 06-06-2016, 04:05 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLP View Post
does the givi box allow rider to see the Dashboard?
From the perspective of the Givi ST602 that I have, no problem seeing the instruments over the bag. I'm 6' (1.83m) tall but less tall riders, within reason, still should have a clear view. It's not a particularly big tank bag, only 4 litres but is, I think slightly taller than the model that Streetrider and mickr69have.

Chas
Old 06-06-2016, 06:05 AM
Established Member

I do not have any issues seeing the dash with the tank bag installed.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:03 AM

New Site Garage
my tail bag is from Dianese... good and quick to fit on because it has some snapper (4) to secure the bag.

Gero
Old 06-14-2016, 02:03 PM

Why destroy the beautiful lines of the TV with a tank bag? Dosnt it increase turbulence as well? Gero HH's seat bag seems a more elegant streamlined solution. What size is the bag Gero and do you have trouble swinging your leg over the bike with it on?
Old 06-14-2016, 04:22 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsor View Post
Why destroy the beautiful lines of the TV with a tank bag? Dosnt it increase turbulence as well? Gero HH's seat bag seems a more elegant streamlined solution. What size is the bag Gero and do you have trouble swinging your leg over the bike with it on?
A matter of personal preference and habit I suppose. I have always used tank bags. Tail pack would make getting on and off harder I reckon, depends on your technique I suppose. Have seen TV being mounted by rider standing on footrest with the bike on the side stand, I prefer to have my left foot on the ground which makes it harder to get my leg over (fnar, fnar...).

Tank bag allows easy access for toll change and when leading or TECing group rides I have a PMR radio and PTT switch hanging off the new one as well.

As to turbulence; the tank bag is small and doesn't impede my body position if I want to crouch, unlike my previous Baglux that, when expanded could be leant on. As such and given the fairing it's not in the air-stream at all and not significant in crosswinds. I would say a tailbag would be more in the 'dirty air' behind the rider.

Many years ago I bought an Oxford tailbag and wound up giving it to a friend as I didn't get on with it. Funnily enough recently got a free one when buying a helmet mail order (quite decent Oxford one again), it's on eBay at the moment.

Doesn't a tailbag also destroy the beautiful lines? EDIT: Having just re-inspected Gero's pic in post #2 of this thread I do concede that his tailbag looks prettier than a tank bag, think I'd wind up accidentally kicking the bike over with one fitted though. How do you mount up Gero? Maybe I'm just too old and not flexible enough. Still prefer my butt ugly tank bag...

As said, personal preference.

Chas

Last edited by Bumpkin; 06-14-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in