Arai Corsair vs AGV GP Tech sizing - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Arai Corsair vs AGV GP Tech sizing

FYI - I wear a medium in a Corsair. It was real snug and hurt at 1st, but after an hour it fits great. So I got a new AGV GP Tech a size up per some peoples' recommendations. Too big... just so you don't make my mistake..
Attached Images

'08 F4R312
'06 Brutale 910
'06 Triumph Daytona 675 - track
'04 Ducati ST4s sold
'05 Ducati Monster S2R 800 sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Not very lucky..

Thanks for the heads up Mika (pun intended)
I also have a Corsair and am looking into an AGV
don't know what model, but good to know
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Size aside...how do you rate the AGV. I've had Arais for a while, but I always liked AGV's

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm afraid I went the other way, from AGV to Arai and I haven't regretted it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 03:17 AM

I have both Arai RX7 and AGV TiTech.
The size is not teh same. my haed is 58 cm. For the Arai I need a Medium size and for the AGV i need a Medium Small Size.

With AGV the good point is that for a "Medium head" they can propose you 3 sizes (Medium, Medium high and Medium small). also when you buy an AGV, when you test it in the shop you have to take the size which press a little bit your head. After 1 hour the foam will take the shape of your head.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tont View Post
Size aside...how do you rate the AGV. I've had Arais for a while, but I always liked AGV's
I just got the medium size today. It hurts to put on, as the neck roll is so tight and it bends my ears down. I haven't ridden w/it yet but it fits well and is a smaller shell than the large. The wind noise was less than an Arai when I tried the larger size.

'08 F4R312
'06 Brutale 910
'06 Triumph Daytona 675 - track
'04 Ducati ST4s sold
'05 Ducati Monster S2R 800 sold
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 PM
The Machinist

That helmet is sweet! Ive wanted one for a bit now just haven't pulled the trigger. I just got another Suomy that's still at the shop. How is the fit and finish compared to the Arai? Quality of components?Liner material?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 PM

imo , the agv is the superior helmet better fit and FAR less noisier!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilboy View Post
imo , the agv is the superior helmet better fit and FAR less noisier!!!
It's your head that's a strange shape Ian Defo arai is better

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Established Member

Got an Arai Chaser in Force Red colour after getting a Viper (Web Blue and Plain White) and an RX7 (Colin White) which I couldn't get to fit. Tried the large versions of both which fitted when the helmet was actually on but were a nightmare to get off. Both would make me feel I may need to call the Fire Brigade to get them cut off and would scratch my face and require massive force to get off. The XL was too big.

The Force Red Chaser looks stunning imo but I don't like the fact that you can only remove the cheek pads and not the whole lining for washing. I was told to wash the Chaser lining by putting the whole lid in the bath. All the lining is removeble on the Viper and RX7 Corsair. The Chaser is quite a bit cheaper than the other 2. These 3 helmets are 3 Star rated in the Sharp tests which does make me wonder.

The AGV Ti Tech and GP Tech helmets look good but my brother had a GP Tech recently and the stitching on the lining was breaking so he took it back and got an Arai RX7 Corsair Colin White. He has seen a couple of other AGV GP Tech helmets brand new in the shop with this stitching problem as well as a friend of his whose GP Tech's stitching came undone.

I wonder if Arai and some of the other high end brands will change their designs in order to give them 5 Star ratings in the UK Sharp Tests????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode