What do you guys wear........ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

What do you guys wear........

If you're just riding around town or maybe commuting to work, what shoes/boots do you wear?

Gus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Established Member

Gus,

I ALWAYS wear over the ankle boots. That and gloves, jacket, and a helmet.

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmiami View Post
If you're just riding around town or maybe commuting to work, what shoes/boots do you wear?

Gus
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 PM

All depends on the weather and where I'm riding to.

All Year -
To the mountains or track: Full Leathers with race gloves and boots

Spring, Summer, Fall -
Commute to work or around the house: Mesh or Leather jacket, gloves, blue jeans, race boots or over ankle boots.

Winter -
Commute to work or around the house: Heavy lined jacket, textile pants, over ankle boots and winter gloves.

I never leave any skin exposed no matter where I'm riding too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:46 PM

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26

'08 F4R312
'06 Brutale 910
'06 Triumph Daytona 675 - track
'04 Ducati ST4s sold
'05 Ducati Monster S2R 800 sold
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 02:22 PM

I wear a pair of green leather doc martens for short trips (over the ankle). On longer rides I wear a pair of sidi vertigo corsas.

2006 910S
2019 BMW S1kR
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks everyone. Right now I ride this (see pic) and don't worry too much about what I wear on my feet. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a Brutale and will be using it to commute as much as possible so I wondered what sort of footwear people would recommend.

Thanks again,

Gus

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone. Right now I ride this (see pic) and don't worry too much about what I wear on my feet. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a Brutale and will be using it to commute as much as possible so I wondered what sort of footwear people would recommend.

Thanks again,

Gus

Nice Spyder, How do you like it?

I hope the Brutale is not your first 2-wheeler, as it is nothing like driving the spyder.

You should still wear boots on that thing, as it's about crash protection more than anything, and on that you're just as exposed to the asphalt as a bike in a crash.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
Nice Spyder, How do you like it?

I hope the Brutale is not your first 2-wheeler, as it is nothing like driving the spyder.

You should still wear boots on that thing, as it's about crash protection more than anything, and on that you're just as exposed to the asphalt as a bike in a crash.
The Spyder is a lot of fun, but honestly it's kind of like having a car when it comes to it's size. Another thing that is a problem here in Miami is that it attracts SO much attention that you can't leave it parked just anywhere. People literally stand next to it to pose for pictures, want to sit their kids on it, etc, etc.
The Brutale will be the first 2-wheeler I own, but not the first one I ride. I spent some time on a BMW R1200GS that a cousin of mine has and after a few hours I felt perfectly comfortable on it. And THAT thing is a beast (size-wise). I'm not really getting the Brutale to break any speed records. Actually, that's why I want a naked bike. I know they're fast, but that annoying wind slamming against me should keep the speeds down. I know it does on my Spyder.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
The Spyder is a lot of fun, but honestly it's kind of like having a car when it comes to it's size. Another thing that is a problem here in Miami is that it attracts SO much attention that you can't leave it parked just anywhere. People literally stand next to it to pose for pictures, want to sit their kids on it, etc, etc.
The Brutale will be the first 2-wheeler I own, but not the first one I ride. I spent some time on a BMW R1200GS that a cousin of mine has and after a few hours I felt perfectly comfortable on it. And THAT thing is a beast (size-wise). I'm not really getting the Brutale to break any speed records. Actually, that's why I want a naked bike. I know they're fast, but that annoying wind slamming against me should keep the speeds down. I know it does on my Spyder.
'some time' Is probably not enough. That's like tooling around in your father's pickup as a kid, then when you turn 16 jumping in an Enzo. Please reconsider. Take an MSF course (if you haven't), and clock at least several thousand miles on a real bike before picking up anything like a 910 or a Speed3. Please.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:30 PM

I wear Draggin kevlar lined jeans, Alpinestars gloves, Alpinestars boots and an Alipnestars leather jacket in the winter with the Shoei XR1000 helmet and in the summer I wear the same except for the jacket, I then wear a Dririder drimesh air flow jacket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode