Suggestions for anti-theft GPS trackers? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Suggestions for anti-theft GPS trackers?

Hello guys,
I am planning on moving to a different city, and bike-theft is a big concern (since I have already heard about a few friends' bikes getting stolen).
Among other measures such as good locks, always park in a closed garage etc, I am also considering on putting an anti-theft gps tracker.

The problem is that there are so many of them out there and I don't know which one is among the best options?

Do these things function properly also in closed spaces? Are there any features that make one better than others? Are they connected to bike's battery or have their own battery (having issues with brut's battery that would be a concern too). Also is there anything that works better in Europe (better area coverage -if there is such thing)?

Thank you all in advance!

PS- do you think locks with installed alarms are any good, or just waste of money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 04:36 PM

Ride by scorpio saved me several times. Best investment. .
Optional siren and perimeter sensor and tpms. Decently priced

As for the "indestructible locks"... all it takes is a set of hydraulics shears and its a thing of the past. Ask me how i know lol

I suppose you're trying to keep the bike protected in greece (based on your username).. they ll take it no matter what

Last edited by R-R-Rx7; 02-28-2016 at 04:40 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-R-Rx7 View Post
Ride by scorpio saved me several times. Best investment. .
Optional siren and perimeter sensor and tpms. Decently priced

As for the "indestructible locks"... all it takes is a set of hydraulics shears and its a thing of the past. Ask me how i know lol

I suppose you're trying to keep the bike protected in greece (based on your username).. they ll take it no matter what
Thank you very very much for your recommendation! This one looks pretty good. Is the location tracking accurate?

I watched an installation video on youtube and it appears that it needs to be mounted somewhere on a visible spot to function properly. Does it still work if you put it somewhere where it won't be visible? ie under seat?
And one last question: based on that installation vid, it seems that it's connected to the bike's battery. Did you have any issues with it? like draining your battery pretty fast etc?

Yeah I am located in Greece and bike-theft can be a big concern in some areas.. So I'll kinda have to choose between sleeping with one eye open every night or barely ride her and make her a garage queen :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 04:54 AM

It doesnt have to be visible. Mine has been under the saddle for 2 years. Gps sensor was under the saddle also.
Installation is very easy.

As for battery draining. I was out of the country for a month.. battery dropped to 60% (it monitors battery voltage too) .
The only thing that i didnt get to put a good use is the perimeter sensor. It might have been the location i installed the sensor but it was either too sensitive or not at all.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
It doesnt have to be visible. Mine has been under the saddle for 2 years. Gps sensor was under the saddle also.
Installation is very easy.

As for battery draining. I was out of the country for a month.. battery dropped to 60% (it monitors battery voltage too) .
The only thing that i didnt get to put a good use is the perimeter sensor. It might have been the location i installed the sensor but it was either too sensitive or not at all.
That sounds like a life-saver
Thank you very much again for all the info! )
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 10:13 AM

I actually have no idea on whether there is any space on the Dragster to fit one of these!

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 02:17 PM

Its smaller than a pack of cigarettes
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Its smaller than a pack of cigarettes
Not that I smoke, but I couldn't even fit a pack of ciggies anywhere on the bike

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 05:55 AM

Not sure how much this 'ride' tracker cost but I purchased a 30 tracker plus a European sim card - worked a treat across France / Italy / Sardinia and the UK
Perimeter, movement, vibration etc sends messages to your phone, tracks your routes / stops/ speeds etc, viewable / downloadable online or via an app....
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
Not sure how much this 'ride' tracker cost but I purchased a 30 tracker plus a European sim card - worked a treat across France / Italy / Sardinia and the UK
Perimeter, movement, vibration etc sends messages to your phone, tracks your routes / stops/ speeds etc, viewable / downloadable online or via an app....
Which one is that? Could you please give some more info about it? (ie powered by independent battery or connects to bike's battery? any issues when in closed spaces? do you pay any annual fee, or just put credits on the sim card?)

because there is a very big difference on the price tag.. ride by scorpio is starting from 350$ plus annual fees after the second year (I don't know specifically how much the whole thing will cost in EU with shipping and all..)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode