new vendramini boots - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
new vendramini boots

i was woken up early this morning by desperate knocks on my door.i oppened and there was a guy dressed in yellow with a box big enough to hold a computer.my boots arrived,straight from the italian factory
.a brand new pair of vendramini vr500 sport.i got them cheap,around 120 euros without shipping(versus 350 the usual price) because they where last years production and they had my size 46(12-usa 11-uk )
being an italian company they forgot to put the sliders in the box...but i knew that already because they e-mailed me the day after they shipped it..they should arrive in a couple of days.by the way..the salesperson is a terrific girl called Luana..she was extremely helpful and prompt.good english skills also

now,the boots

the quality is excellent..with probably the thickest leather i ve ever seen on a boot..it has nice features like the name vendramini embossed into the leather or the reflective lines on the boot.the description on the site and the package states nappa leather with calf lining and calf inner sole.yes the inside is leather too..and you can't even see it well because of the padding and a really soft membrane lining.. they claim the boot is waterproof..and..even if it isn't it looks like it can stand more water abuse than most sport touring boots.also everything is double stiched and the top of the boot is topped by v-tex membrane.

despite the thickness of the leather and all the protective stuff..they re comfortable.i walked around in the house all day with them and don't have the slightest level of discomfort..even went to the nearby grocery store with them...which caused some strange looks..but...fkm ..so plus one on that.they re around 34 cm tall

the sole is a very sticky rubber..it says vera gomma,which is great for traction i imagine,and is replaceable or so they say.
you can't really feel it when walking,but i noticed that there is a very stiff portion betwen the rubber and the inner sole,i looked at the info in the booklet and it s a thingie that prevents your foot from crushing during an accident.really nice feature..and you can't even feel its there

it has a thick ,shift protector and some silver stuff where the front and back of the bike,which looks strong but will probably get dirty really fast.it does look really nice though
the boots have front carbon inside toe protection.the heel is made of one piece of something called carbon glass..which is prob a mixture of carbon and glass fiber.it s a nice weave.
it has another piece of the stuff on the ankle..and another one on the other side which is covered in leather..also a big shin protector in the front and a pair of sliders near the shin section.also one near the toes.

they use a zipper and velcro solution..the leather with the velcro part opens all the way down so you can ajust the velcro for any amount of thickness you want..really smart thinking on theyr part ..and really looks good

here are some crappy pictures i made today..post good one's tomorrow.also got a manufacturer's photo..it s the race version which is the same only it s these are a bit more angled then the sport version
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 11:54 PM

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing--I wasn't aware that Vendramini made a sport boot. Will consider them next upgrade...

I recently changed my touring boot to Vendramini Marathon Steel from BMW Santiago.

http://www.bikerworldusa.com/images/...mini/498sl.jpg

I was pretty stunned by the fit and feel of the Vendraminis. They are FANTASTIC boots, probably the finest I've ever worn.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 06:33 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Puma Ducati 1000 V2 Boots

I've just got a pair of these Puma Ducati boots, and they are the dog's nuts.. My boots are the V2 which has the extended toe slider, as shown on the yellow pair..

Check out this link..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zfbDZgWZYaU&feature=related
Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
@JDS those boots are wicked..from what is visible at least the level of protection is insane...a friend of mine who isn't even a motorcyclist bought a pair of the more normal looking brutale...he uses them as everyday shoes
@jice:the quality is superb...i can t decide if i am going to wear them or hang them in a display case...they're a kind of sport touring boot...they re not as angled as a raicing boot and are pretty comfy...2 days ago it was raining like helll but i had to go to the bank which was pretty close to my place...so i took them for a walk to test theyr waterproof claim...and...i must say they are waterproof..not that goretex bullshit which clogs up when it gets dirty...it has a membrane under the leather upper.....and the inner liner is calf skin and then a absorbant material over that and that s it really...simple is better.. my feet didn't get wet...neither did they go hot...so..that v tek membrane is good
they re pretty easy to walk in...the first time i tested them i felt a bit of discomfort but now they re just as comfy as my hiking boots..and given the amount of protection... a lot of which is not visible..that s pretty amazing
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:17 PM

Love those Puma Boots Unfortunatelly I tried 3 pairs in three different stores and not once I was able to put them on unless the size was 2-3 sizes larger what I normaly wear , They really look great (you should see them in red and white) too bad they are pain in the neck to put on !!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to agusta312sl
i have the grey/orange ones and i luv them
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Have any of you guys tried to find the Red/Black Puma's in the states. I did some looking last night after watching a few of the reviews and can't seem to find that color pattern. Any help would be appreciated.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Nevermind, found an answer to my own question

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:18 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham View Post
Nevermind, found an answer to my own question

Yep... that colour scheme has been reserved for Ducati... See my post and it shows a picture of the ducati boots

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:40 AM

allias86 - Vendramini boots - Best boots I have ever had - Had various other ones over the years but just keep going back to them and over 15 yrs old now - really difficult to find in the UK now though
How did you arrange that purchase??? Your link from your 2007 post no longer works

Last edited by Totale; 11-24-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode