Draggin Jeans - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Draggin Jeans

Anyone own a pair of Draggin Jeans. If so, what do you think of them etc. Also, can you get armour for them? Cheers

'' Oggi Corriamo''
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 02:03 PM

I use a pair of black draggin jeans cargo pants. I like them because they look like normal cargo pants. They're also very comfortable to wear. I use them religiously on the road - they won't protect you like leathers will, I have come off before and my knees have been scraped (but not badly, had I not been wearing the draggins then it would have been a LOT worse).

You can't get armour for them. I suppose you could wear your own knee pads or some such under them though.

All in all definitely recommended if you don't want to wear leather on the road (who does...)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 02:06 PM

I crashed with a pair on back in 2002. It was a 40mph ordeal when a BMW X5 got in my way. I slided on my knees and roll around a few times. The only damage to the Draggin jeans were oil marks where my knees were sliding on the ground. After a wash, the spots were gone. I did get scrapes on my knee caps from fricton between the jeans and my skin. I think the armor that company sells would have prevented that: http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/produ...r/kneeShin.htm

Also, these Kelvar jeans can feel a little heavy and hot when it's warm out.

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 02-25-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned

just looked and about to buy
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have a pair...I wear them when I don't want to suit up in leather for a short ride around the neighborhood, or when I ride a cruiser or other low performance bike. They fit me pretty good, and look like ordinary jeans except for the extra sticthing where the kevlar panels are. They are a bit heavier then normal jeans. Haven't really noticed heat issues....yet.
Hope I never have to test them, but I feel much more protected then in plain Levi's.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 04:47 PM

You can augment it underneath with some of the Forcefield stuff. I have their rib protector and wear it under leathers on the track. SportbikeTrackTime was going to start requiring it.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motor...or/forcefield/

Or if you're really panning on getting ballistic, you can always go Asterisk...

https://www.asterisk.com/secured.php

I've got a set that I wear religiously in the dirt.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Established Member

The guy being dragged behind the bike in that marketing stunt must have been wearing additional protection or he'd have no arse left. Me and buddy wondered what would happen if you got your knee down to test the protection. So I did on a smooth as piece of hot mix at about 80kph or so. To my suprise my skin felt it instantly! as a good size hole was worn through. Am i expecting too much? Aside from this the cargo style are comfortable & fit well.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:03 PM

Could be the friction was spread over a larger area on the Draggin Jeans test?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Established Member

I think you could be right Allan but in my case it was much less weight concenrated over a smaller area so I'd still be skeptical
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I have a pair...I wear them when I don't want to suit up in leather for a short ride around the neighborhood, or when I ride a cruiser or other low performance bike. They fit me pretty good, and look like ordinary jeans except for the extra sticthing where the kevlar panels are. They are a bit heavier then normal jeans. Haven't really noticed heat issues....yet.
Hope I never have to test them, but I feel much more protected then in plain Levi's.
+1

Tony

BZ Livin

2003 DRZ 400
2006 ST3S ABS
2007 F4 1000R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode