Dainese Santa Monica Jacket - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Dainese Santa Monica Jacket

I purchased a new Dainese Santa Monica jacket today from Cycle Gear. It comes with a free set of Dainese HellRacer gloves. This is my first Dainese jacket, and I can say that I'm very impressed. I've been wearing Alpinestars and Joe Rockets which have been great jackets, but the Dainese felt like it was already broken in for me. The leather is soft and comfortable. It replaces the Bora jacket from last year, but this jacket is not perforated. I think it's going to be toasty in the summer, but then I'll look for a summer jacket at that time or deal with the sweat.

I wear a 56 euro size jacket. With the lining in the jacket, it was tight, but I was able to suck in my gut to get it on. When I took the lining out, it fit perfect. It's very comfortable if I hadn't already mentioned that. The back of the neck collar is fabric, so it doesn't rub your skin raw like my old Alpinestars TZ1 jacket did. There are two pockets on the outside and one on the inside.

I don't know what else to say about it, but that I think it looks great and feels comfortable. The armor looks like it will do it's job if I ever go down. I got an extra 10% off, so the jacket came to about $675 after tax. It's a lot I know, but I don't think I will be looking for another jacket for some time now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 08:58 PM

You're gonna love it! I've had Bora kit for street for about two years. Long lasting and very comfortable. You're spot on, tough, about the heat.... I ended up getting a second BORA perforated jacket for those hot summer days. The Dainese stuff is expensive, but the quality is superb. Excellent choice!

One other downside--as with all leather.... uncovered, it SUCKS in the RAIN... I found this out on my ride back from Miami --at the "end-o-the-drought" in Dec. of last year.... but that was cold, torrential, and utterly rediculous tornado-strewn rain--Good times... Would recommend getting a slicker or such or having a textile jacket if it looks like it might come down.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 AM

Dainese Santa Monica jacket

Am I missing something? Isn't this jacket supposed to be perforated or do they make two different models? I'm also interested in one but I'm not sure what size to get.

Anyone have an idea?

My Chest: 43-44

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penemase View Post
Am I missing something? Isn't this jacket supposed to be perforated or do they make two different models? I'm also interested in one but I'm not sure what size to get.

Anyone have an idea?

My Chest: 43-44

Thank you,
I think they make two different models, one that is perfed and a solid.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode