AGV Helmets - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

AGV Helmets

I figured since I bought a new bike (Brutale 910s), it would be fun to buy new gear. So, I'm currently selling 2 leather jackets (Alpinestars & Joe Rocket), 1 mesh jacket, 1 set of track pants, 2 helmets and a pair of gloves.

I'm going to buy the new Dainese Santa Monica Jacket & a pari of SIDI boots, but have already purchased a new (last years model) AGV Tattoo helmet this morning. It should arrive by next Monday.

I've read that the AGV helmets can be very snug for their claimed sizes and wanted to know what you guys thought as well. My Shoei and Scropion Helmets have been size Large and fit well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
i had a largh shoei rf1000 and fit a large AGV stealth perfectly

Matty
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 PM

I got the AVG Ti-Tech Rossi Rep a few months back. Have taken it on a few test rides. I bought it primarily as a track helmet. It's light, quiet and TIGHT--bring an ink pen to move your ears around. I've lost a bunch of weight recently and specifically went for the AVG to shrink into... I used it to replace a Shark RSR2 Duhamel Replica XL, which is now big on my mellon.

For a street helmet, I prefer the Shark. It has better visibility, a lighter shell, much more comfortable. The Ti-Tech is imposing by comparison. I've used Shark helmets for two years and would highly recommend them. I'm also not too crazy about the big black tear-off knob on the visor on the AVG. It's damn distracting in traffic. Motorsports in Jonesboro, GA is a semi-local distributor for Shark... You could try one on there should you care to... Either way you're pro'lly fine!

I'd also suggest looking into Oxtar boots if you're not dead-set on the Sidis. I've recently purchased about four pairs (5 or so years worth with crashes) for about $150 apiece. These are the TCS-Evo2 Replicas -- top-knotch kit! Why so cheap? Oxtar recently lost a lawsuit to AlpineStars on brand dilution/confusion or some such grounds, and is changing their name from Oxtar to TCS--subseqently the new batch-o-boots will be relogoed, obscelescing current inventories. My feet don't seem to mind.

Distributors are giving these boots away. I have both the replicas and the regular EVO2s--the replicas come in white and have a better internal strapping-down system, the regular EVO2s are black and hence fashionable. I've worn these on sportbikes exclusively for 3 years and have no complaint. The one minor issue with the Brutale is the TI heel slider tends to mar the swingarm a tad, but it can be replaced or covered if that is a concern... These are the same boots that SportbikeTracktime sells at their events.

LINK Added: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-boots/oxtar/

Last edited by jice; 02-13-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 PM

AGV helmets come small. I have a Shoei and a few others that have equivalent sizing. I wear an XL in these Helmets. I have a Rossi AGV also... The equivalent size is XXL... double ex el... to get a good fit go up a size..
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

I've heard some people say they are 1 to 2 sizes smaller compared to other brands, and yet I have also heard they are spot on with their sizing. I guess I won't know until I get my helmet and try it on.

Thanks for the link on the oxstar boots, but I am set on SIDI.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:11 AM

It depends on your objective. The two-sizes difference is called out specifically for Ti-Tech on AGV's site. Your normal sizing is probably race-fit, and hence comfortable only for 30 mins to an hour at a time when you're focused on other stuff. The upsizing is their "comfort"-fit which is probably more appropriate for street use.

http://www.agv.com/RANGE/SIZE_CHART.htm
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 04:51 PM

when i got my ti _tech the shop from where i bought it custom fit it to my head !!! if your buying from an agv dealer they should provide you with this option so ask!!! the fit was in the end very snug and is fairly quiet compared to those awful arais, has a removable lining as well. the vents can be tricky to use on the move and the visor is tricky to swapas well. also the helmet shell is on the large size . hope this helps. im currently looking at purchasing an ago rep xlite helmet so if anyone has an xlite let me know the pros n cons..............
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

I received my AGV Ti-Tech helmet yesterday. I purchased a Large size and it fits very snug. I actually just purchased a set of XL cheek pads to give my cheeks a little more room, and a dark tinted shield. This helmet came with a chin wind guard which it didn't state in any advertisement. I wish I had known that because I ended up buying one along with the helmet. It's only $10, but still. Oh well. I think I will be pleased with this helmet.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:15 PM

glad you like it!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode