Rukka Gear - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Rukka Gear

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with Rukka riding gear? I've only had a brief look so far, the quality seems to be empcible but so does the price. From what I've read it's totally bomb proof and once down the track with this gear you apparently you'll find it hard to go back to anything else.

So far I've looked at the Armaxis jacket, it looks great but pricey.

Thoughts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 07:05 AM

Dunno about Oz, but in the UK you won't be allowed on a track with that - they insist on leather generally.

As for Rukka quality - back in the day they used to be the byword for waterproof clothing. I had a one-piece that lasted for years and was waterproof until the day it got ditched. That was some time ago though ......

Bike - 2005 F4 1+1s - Almost stock except for Silmoto cans & de-cat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Location - bottom left corner of the UK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-Moose View Post
Dunno about Oz, but in the UK you won't be allowed on a track with that - they insist on leather generally.

As for Rukka quality - back in the day they used to be the byword for waterproof clothing. I had a one-piece that lasted for years and was waterproof until the day it got ditched. That was some time ago though ......

Thanks for the reply MVM, I was speaking proverbially about being 'down the track', I was implying once used for some time, sorry my mistake, I'd never take textiles to a track day.

BTW what made you go off using Rukka and what did you go to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
........ I was speaking proverbially about being 'down the track', I was implying once used for some time, sorry my mistake, I'd never take textiles to a track day..........
"lost in translation ..... "

As I said, it was some years ago now - 25+, I guess. Back then Rukka gear had a pu-vynil outer layer. Whilst 100% waterproof, it also got a little "sweaty" inside! This was before Cordura and Goretex came to the market. Like everyone else I migrated to textile waterproofs, and left the Rukka gear behind.

I had separate Jacket & Trousers, and a 1-piece suit. Both were very well made. As said, they were just superseded by better technology.

Whilst I can't give a direct opinion on the current Rukka range, as another option a friend of mine has a jacket & trousers made by Halvarssons which he rates highly. It has survived over-landing trips to Morocco and deluges here, France & Spain and he says they have never leaked or left him too hot or sweaty.

Bike - 2005 F4 1+1s - Almost stock except for Silmoto cans & de-cat

Location - bottom left corner of the UK
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Established Member

I have a rukka suit and I think it's brilliant, it also has the hiprotech protection which is pliable until impacted then it stiffens up to absorb the shock. Well made and connot fault it. Glenn
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 09:49 PM

Had my Rukka jacket for 8+ years now. The best fitted jacket I had. Never had a problem with water getting in. All the Velcro & zips in good condition.

Tomorrow buying winter gloves from them.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 12:28 AM

New Site Garage
Depends on what temps you ride. I used to have Rukka, but find that their waterproof 3L ProShell Goretex suits do no offer enough ventilation in hot weather. At their asking price, I think they should. Mind you, I've tried a variety of other branded 3L ProShell Goretex suits, and none offer the kind of ventilation needed on 25+ Celcius days. I've recently gone back to a Dainese suit with a Goretex removable liner that works much better for both hot and cold days. Just tested it 3 days ago on a torrential day riding in the Pyrenees mountains and it stayed utterly dry and was still cool and comfortable when riding to the Catalunya MotoGP on Sunday because you could zip out the Gore lining. In the past year, other top brands have caught up with Rukka in terms of quality.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmv View Post
Had my Rukka jacket for 8+ years now. The best fitted jacket I had. Never had a problem with water getting in. All the Velcro & zips in good condition.

Tomorrow buying winter gloves from them.

Hey DDMV, sounds like a good recommendation! I think in the long run they're pricey, but as the saying goes, 'you get what you pay for'. As for buying them in here in Oz the only place I can find is a company online called Innotesco in Melbourne, have you used them before and are they reputable. Only asking is it's a lot of money to spend online only to have it never arrive.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Hey DDMV, sounds like a good recommendation! I think in the long run they're pricey, but as the saying goes, 'you get what you pay for'. As for buying them in here in Oz the only place I can find is a company online called Innotesco in Melbourne, have you used them before and are they reputable. Only asking is it's a lot of money to spend online only to have it never arrive.
As far as i'm aware. They are the only supplier of Rukka in Aus.
And the only time you see them is at the main bike shows & races.(they work from home)

So depending were you are from, you could wait for them when they visit your city & speak to them personally. Then you get to try all the types of gear they have.

They also sell Daytona boots.
And i have not heard any negative reviews about them yet.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 07:48 AM

A number of riends have Rukka gear and swear by it, especially as waterproof riding gear. It is comparable to BMW & Klim gear in quality and price. There is another manufacturer, possible Tourtec or similar name, which has high quality gear but is easier/more adaptable from summer to winter riding. A friend just bought it primarily as it was better ventilation than the Ruka but he also has Ruka which he swears by.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode