Security - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Security

Hey Guys,

Well I'd just thought I'd ask what sort of security/anti theft devices do you recommend. I'll soon be taking delivery of my beloved Dragster RR and according to the men in white coats and pens in their pocket at MV in Italy there are no official anti theft devices as yet, this does kinda surprise me as these boutique style 'pieces of motorcycle art' stand out like the proverbial dogs balls.

So, I've done plenty of reading and big thick heavy chains and padlocks are the go along with a loud rear disc lock. All good so far, but when I go to work or anywhere else I'll have to take the aforementioned items with me, but how!?

Anyways, I'm not after home security stuff my baby will be sorted, it's really the away from home stuff.

Thoughts!

Last edited by Chopper; 04-04-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 01:51 AM

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 02:25 AM

New Site Garage
Get one of these. One guy has one already and highly rates

I get mine in May but it makes sense when you have little space on the bike
Attached Images

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 06:36 PM

New Site Garage
Have good insurance or never leave your bike far out of view. Don't hang out in shady places. These things are not always possible, so I would recommend a paging time alarm system that warns you immediately of tampering.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 06:57 PM

At the end of the day, if someone really wants your bike, they will have it. Fit a GPS tracking system, well hiddent on the bike, and at least you can give a location to the police when you realise its fine .......
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 PM

New Site Garage
Loud disc locks would be the more compact to carry. I like the idea of an older iPhone with cell service to place beside the battery or under or someplace so find my phone (bike) will operate. Unlocked pay as you go would probably be cheaper than some GPS tracking services.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 07:38 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Hey Guys,

Well I'd just thought I'd ask what sort of security/anti theft devices do you recommend. I'll soon be taking delivery of my beloved Dragster RR and according to the men in white coats and pens in their pocket at MV in Italy there are no official anti theft devices as yet, this does kinda surprise me as these boutique style 'pieces of motorcycle art' stand out like the proverbial dogs balls.

So, I've done plenty of reading and big thick heavy chains and padlocks are the go along with a loud rear disc lock. All good so far, but when I go to work or anywhere else I'll have to take the aforementioned items with me, but how!?

Anyways, I'm not after home security stuff my baby will be sorted, it's really the away from home stuff.

Thoughts!

Have a RoadLok on mine. Good thing except for the eccentric bolt that caused some brake problems initially. As secure a disc lock as you'll find and the pin can be carried in your pocket. Even if they take off the caliper bolts they cant get the pin out of the disc. This is just for your casual theiving scrote mind. As others have said if they want it they'll cart it away. I try not to be too paranoid and that's what insurance is for. Would have to be a discerning thief though as most knobs wouldn't know what an MV was.

Cheers

Deano
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Have a RoadLok on mine. Good thing except for the eccentric bolt that caused some brake problems initially. As secure a disc lock as you'll find and the pin can be carried in your pocket. Even if they take off the caliper bolts they cant get the pin out of the disc. This is just for your casual theiving scrote mind. As others have said if they want it they'll cart it away. I try not to be too paranoid and that's what insurance is for. Would have to be a discerning thief though as most knobs wouldn't know what an MV was.

Cheers

Deano
Thanks all for the feedback, all good stuff and I guess if they want it then it'll go, I've had a bike stolen once before so I know the feeling.

Deano I am seriously considering a Roadlock, I've just got to find a supplier in Sydney. Out of curiosity did you find it easy to fit?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 06:44 AM

I've just removed a Datatool S4 alarm from my bike. The constant drain on the battery is a pain, and who pays attention to alarms nowadays?

I'm looking to fit a small, basic, GPS tracker in a position that that will be very hard to spot (in front of or under airbox?). At the end of the day, if a serious thief wants your bike, they will get it. At least with the tracker fitted you can phone the cops and tell them where it is if it does go missing .....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 03:53 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Thanks all for the feedback, all good stuff and I guess if they want it then it'll go, I've had a bike stolen once before so I know the feeling.

Deano I am seriously considering a Roadlock, I've just got to find a supplier in Sydney. Out of curiosity did you find it easy to fit?
Very easy to fit. Take out the right side caliper bolts, choose the spacers that suit, loosly assemble (nipped up), pump the front brake and torque up. I got mine off the interweb, which was cheaper at the time when the dollar was higher. Pm me if you get one and have any trouble.

Cheers

Deano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode