Dragster Phone/Nav position - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Dragster Phone/Nav position

This maybe a pointless one for some of you but if like me and you don't want tank pads etc or anything in the bike permanent i.e screw replacements in the fuel cap or head stock this might be of interest

I will say though anything bigger than an iPhone 5 (I have a Sony Xperia T) will not fit in this case or position

Only cost 10 from Bike it and works perfect. Tried at speeds we all ride and I'm using the phone now so it stayed on

It stays on by the magnets from the 4 screws on the yoke and because it doesn't get hit by the wind you'd have to literally knock it for it to come off + it has a hoop at the top you can attach to the bike for emergency

Just sharing what I learnt after trying a few different options. I use my phone as sat nav so needed something like this. Once done pull off and put in your pocket
Attached Images

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Established Member

No pads/display for me. I use the Sena 10r in three helmets. Allows me to listen to my iPhone for music, get nav directions from the WaZe App, receive/make calls, and receive/send text all using Siri It is brilliant!

Just turn on the sena 10r. "You phone us paired". Set destination in WaZe, turn on Pandora radio (music starts) then I take off. Nav directions, phone calls, and text chimes break in on the music. You can start stop music at the push of a button. Amazing!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
^^^ I need to have a look at something like this when I have the

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 11:05 AM

New Site Garage
Dean, I think that's a great idea for holding all manner of things

F4RR 2016

Brutale 800 Italia
KTM RC8 1190
Moto Guzzi 1100i Sport
Honda Firestorm
Yamaha Thundercat
Yamaha FZR1000 EXUP
Kawasaki GPX750R
The list only gets worse....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Yep @VeeTwin that's basically what I've decided. It has 4 small magnets that literally fit perfect on the 4 screws. It couldn't measure up better if you tried

I'll use it just for bits and pieces as well and use the hook at the end to go round the bar in an emergency in case it did get knocked

I'll definitely invest in one of these blue tooth head sets soon with the universal system. Really good idea I thought

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:16 AM

Wouldn't trust myself with phone/music/whatever on this bike. I'm usually at the limit of my capabilities just holding on.....

I can imagine the call -

caller - 'Jon - is that you?'

me - 'shiiiiiiit - what the? - whoa baby - get off the road you a**hole'

Nope.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode