Silkolene Melbourne? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2015, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Silkolene Melbourne?

Does anybody have a contact in Melbourne for good pricing on Silkolene in Melbourne? Don't purchasing bulk quantities if necessary to get the right price..

Really object to paying $100/4l from local store when they are adding no value at all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 12:53 AM

New Site Garage
Wow, crazy price mate. Have you thought of looking at Penrite or other brands.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Old 03-29-2015, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi Dons
I have always used Silkolene in my bikes and the Pro 4 comes in a 10W60.

Noticed a huge difference in the gearbox when I changed over to Silkolene in my CBR250RR and every bike since. Everybody I know who has changed has found the same thing.

Did you get your WEB site stuff sorted out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 04:41 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivere View Post
Hi Dons
I have always used Silkolene in my bikes and the Pro 4 comes in a 10W60.

Noticed a huge difference in the gearbox when I changed over to Silkolene in my CBR250RR and every bike since. Everybody I know who has changed has found the same thing.

Did you get your WEB site stuff sorted out?
Ah okay, stick with what you know and like I recon.

As for the site, I've been flat out with other stuff, but might give you a ring sometime with a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Old 03-29-2015, 05:48 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Does anybody have a contact in Melbourne for good pricing on Silkolene in Melbourne? Don't purchasing bulk quantities if necessary to get the right price..

Really object to paying $100/4l from local store when they are adding no value at all...
Vivere

This is the Australian contact info for Silkolene..

Mr. John Warrian

Warrian Enterprises
Unit 9 a, 2 Middleton St
Ashmore
QLD 4214
Australia

Contact Number 0061 (07) 5526 4543

Have you tried contacting this guy direct for some advise on the best place to buy Silkolene..

EMAIL :
Old 03-29-2015, 07:45 AM

I get 15w50 Pro4 in 20litres containers for a more reasonable price here in Sydney.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Vivere

This is the Australian contact info for Silkolene..

Mr. John Warrian

Warrian Enterprises
Unit 9 a, 2 Middleton St
Ashmore
QLD 4214
Australia

Contact Number 0061 (07) 5526 4543

Have you tried contacting this guy direct for some advise on the best place to buy Silkolene..

Thanks John. Went down that path previously and they kindly put me in touch with the Melbourne rep who gave me a list of retail shops so not really a big help..
Old 03-30-2015, 03:11 AM

New Site Garage
Vivere,

I've tried most and found Castrol 1 to be the best for the box on mine. Really smoothed it out.

Cheers

Deano
Old 03-30-2015, 07:05 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Thanks John. Went down that path previously and they kindly put me in touch with the Melbourne rep who gave me a list of retail shops so not really a big help..
Hi Vivere.. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help here, but at least you've tried that avenue..

Is there any reasonably priced Silkolene for sale on Australian Ebay ?

Like Deano said, I use Castrol in all my bikes, whether 4 or 2 stroke.. ( with exception of my Kawasaki ELR which runs on Rock Oil... as Frank a member on this forum helped me out in the pass with some of this product and I've stuck with Rock Oil ever since in my Kawasaki)..

Silkolene is top stuff and I have their bearing grease, and air filter maintenance products sitting on my garage shelf.

It's a shame you can't by their stuff at a decent price in Australia, as I know how you feel when you've had good results from an oil product and you want to continue using it..

Good luck Vivere and I hope you find a reliable supply in the future for Silkolene down-under..

EMAIL :
Old 03-31-2015, 07:01 AM

John, even the UK pays less for Australian wine, you can't even begin to imagine how expensive stuff that has been shipped from the UK to here is.... TRADE price on 15w50 pro4 is ten quid a litre, when you buy it in 20litre drums.

Last edited by rsawkins; 03-31-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in