:: Film your ride!

OK, here's a really cool piece of kit to film your ride with:

http://www.firebox.com/product/1732?...d=actioncamera

Perfect timing for Christmas, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Established Member

Oregon Scientific is right here in my back yard. They make some cool stuff. I especially like their alarm clock with projecting red time on the ceiling. Makes it easy to see what time it is in the middle of the night.

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/sho...cid=8&scid=107

They have been around for a few years and make quality products.

"Anything worth having is worth working hard for" by my Grandfather.

2004 F4 SPR 275/300 sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Ducati 999s
2005 Rune (AKA "The Lambo")
1998 XJR (0-60 = 5.1 sec)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 04:22 PM

I have one ,its quite good image for the money,but i have had problems when opening my 910R up the vibes made it cut out all the time,i mounted it on the frame,i will have to experiment more,but its good at lower speeds untill i figure out how to mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 PM

Has anyone install this on a F4 ?? i would love to have it for daily rides as there are lots of moron drivers on the road causing accidents.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Established Member

I have one on my race bike. needed a cheap way to video my track days. I drilled holes in my plastics and side mounted it. it works all the way up to 178 mph. no problem but the audio starts to get weird at about 140. I dont know how to mount it on a F4 but when I do I will post how to. The only problem with it for a daily driver is it only stores about a hour of video with the upgraded memory.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:31 PM

I've one for now a few month and that's what I've done with it on my 910S this summer.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeN9-kzSeA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'72 MV 350 S
'87 Honda XR 350
(sold)
'02 Yamaha TDM 900
(sold)
'05 Brutale 910S
'06 Triumph Daytona 675
'06 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Taste the MV side of life !
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 05:54 PM

People in the UK have been taken to court with the evidence from 'on bike' footage, best left for the track I think, If they looked at anything on board form any of our ride outs there would be a ban and hefty fine heading my way for sure

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
i have one but i haven't put on my mv yet
i got it on ebay for about $ 80
i will let you know soon
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher203
i have one but i haven't put on my mv yet
i got it on ebay for about $ 80
i will let you know soon

Me too....

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:53 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
People in the UK have been taken to court with the evidence from 'on bike' footage, best left for the track I think, If they looked at anything on board form any of our ride outs there would be a ban and hefty fine heading my way for sure
True, but a quick delete function like the Ducati 1098 engine data system would be a good response!

I am more interested in having footage to use against the cops. Just under a year ago I was booked on a totally fabricated "unsafe overtaking" charge by highway patrol cops while running in my F41000R.

I was sticking to the speed limit and not overtaking in the "wrong" spots etc as I knew that the cops were on that road, but that did not stop them from doing a U turn and following me for about 8 km. When the could not get me for speeding they made up the other BS charge.

My lawyer wanted access to the police video footage before the case but this was refused - apparently here access to evidence before trial on traffic offences is not a right!

Anyway, I had a very good and well known motorcycle lawyer and a few days before the trial the prosecutor dropped the police case as it "lacked substance".

After that experience I'm all in favour of having your own video evidence if possible. And also, my advice is except in totally pointless cases, take the charge to court. If I had not, the arseholes would have won by default.

Here (NSW in Oz) cops video and voice record you every time they stop you, so make sure you clearly deny all wrong doing. Admit nothing. Stand with you back to the car so it makes the video harder to interpret and mumble as much as possible. Attempting to get them to "go easy" is a waste of time with the recorded interview. It is also worth saying you do not consent to being recorded. An old friend of mine when I was in my 20s who was a lawyer used to say the only thing you should ever say to a cop was "I have done nothing wrong and I have nothing to say". He is a supreme court judge these days .....

cheers

"if you don't fight, you loose!"

DocMV

- MV Agusta Brutale RR1090
- Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
- Ducati Monster 659

The only thing better than a fast Italian motorcycle is several fast italian motorcycles.

Last edited by DoctorMV; 12-27-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode