Anyone using Powerlet's heated gear? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Anyone using Powerlet's heated gear?

I just dropped $500 on a jacket and glove liners. The big selling point for me was the wireless controller. Thinking I can get a second lead and easily switch bikes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Al-

I'm currently considering an ansai heated vest to wear under my normal jacket and for activities other than riding. They are battery powered but seem to have decent reviews.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 05:59 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Anyone using Powerlet's heated gear?

I just dropped $500 on a jacket and glove liners. The big selling point for me was the wireless controller. Thinking I can get a second lead and easily switch bikes.
Ryan, if you already dropped five bills on them, are you looking for decision support after the fact, or a reason to return them?

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 06:00 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Al. Hope all is well.

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Ordered, just looking for feedback/suggestions of use if anyone has them. Im sure I will have more comments later but if something was out of the ordinary maybe someone else could confirm (like if the heating wasnt right, if maybe you still need a heated grip, or specifically using them on MV).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
I'm currently considering an ansai heated vest to wear under my normal jacket and for activities other than riding. They are battery powered but seem to have decent reviews.
I have that already and 3 batteries but it just wouldnt hold up to truely freezing temps and the batteries wouldnt handle an all-day ride. Add to that the lack of glove liners as an option.

Its good for what it is but batteries just couldnt keep up. Finally going wired. Obviously Gerber is a great one but I figured Id take a punt on this for the wireless controller.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 06:07 PM

New Site Garage
You know I was just giving you sh!t. Hope all is well Ryan!

Kevin

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:15 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
If you need all that gear to keep warm you need one of those car things. It's an enclosed space on four wheels with, usually, a gasoline powered engine. They are also very handy when it rains.

No need to thank me.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Carl, you should be all over riding in this season given where you are from. The riding season here is 12 months long.

Also, I am looking forward to being warm in the morning up to the mountain on days when it eventually gets 75. Everyone says its a very overpowered system for our weather so I can probably run it at 60w max and not have issues with the MVs alternator keeping up.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Rode tonight, 28 degrees. Only knock is its got a soft shell outer that is tacky and a pain to get in and out of a jacket but I was toasty warm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode