MV Jacket....Copy - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

MV Jacket....Copy

Hi guys, I have a friend who sells motogp style jackets and gloves and leathers etc. Anyway I asked him if he sold anything other the normal Suzuki, Yamaha or Honda jackets. He asked what i wanted so i sent him a picture of an MV jacket that i had seen. It was a mostly red jacket which was nice but i have the Nero F4 so would have prefered it in black. Anyway, i asked him if he could swap the red for black and basically copy the rest. Cost me £150 which i think is pretty fair, what do you guys think of it?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 AM

Looks nice, my only concern is the safety aspect. If its a copy at that price, whats the stiching like and enforced seems etc?

'' Oggi Corriamo''
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

well, its made to the same spec as all the other jackets, which is triple stitched, and it comes with back, elbow and shoulder protection which is all removable. Hopefully it will OK but we'll see. it'll just be nice to not have to put a full one piece on everytime i go out. (dad wont let me go out without protection, which i totally understand) but its a pain posteria jumping in and out of them all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

FYI, His website is www.ryanclark.eu
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:51 AM

No substitute for good kit. Ive got the Dainese Bora jacket. Great kit!

'' Oggi Corriamo''
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:52 AM

It does look really good. But I think the Original, in Black, is or will be on Sale pretty soon. MV Agusta Corse has a Sale in Italy right now, since they are closing their doors forever. Another Problem I see is Copy Right and Product Piracy, did You thought about this ?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
No substitute for good kit. Ive got the Dainese Bora jacket. Great kit!
Your right, there is no substitute for good kit, and i wont substitute my good kit for it, just nice to have the option of a leather jacket when i do short trips to the shop etc. if i did ever come a cropper (touch wood i wont) im sure at the sort of speeds that i will be doing on the shop run the jacket will hold up fine. im not planning on any heroics in it thats for sure.

Haupti, Didnt think about copy right to be honest.......... :-/ am i gonna get in trouble now................
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV05 EXY
Your right, there is no substitute for good kit, and i wont substitute my good kit for it, just nice to have the option of a leather jacket when i do short trips to the shop etc. if i did ever come a cropper (touch wood i wont) im sure at the sort of speeds that i will be doing on the shop run the jacket will hold up fine. im not planning on any heroics in it thats for sure.

Haupti, Didnt think about copy right to be honest.......... :-/ am i gonna get in trouble now................
No I wouldn't think that somebody would go after You. But I would be carefull if I would be Your friend, who is might planning producing and selling them. I know for a fact that a German Leather Suite Producer got in trouble by using the MV Agusta Logo's on one of his Products. I had his Product, see my album "Things of the Past", and the Producer begged me to remove his Stickers from the Suite, after he heard from MV Agusta SpA's Lawyers.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 AM

i think as long as you're happy with it that's all that matters. i have the original MVSP jacket made by lockwell. it is made extremely well and is heavy. it even has a lining in it. i think that MV overprices all their stuff, but whenever you own their sanctioned merchandise...there is a difference. i got mine second hand (much cheaper), and i felt that it was worth what i paid for.

enjoy your new jacket.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_one
i think as long as you're happy with it that's all that matters. i have the original MVSP jacket made by lockwell. it is made extremely well and is heavy. it even has a lining in it. i think that MV overprices all their stuff, but whenever you own their sanctioned merchandise...there is a difference. i got mine second hand (much cheaper), and i felt that it was worth what i paid for.

enjoy your new jacket.
Thanks mate, i know that MV stuff is quality, but im not sure it i need/appreciate stuff that much to warrant paying for it. i'll be honest, i dont look after stuff so well so spending shi.t loads on it seems pointless. if you get my point....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode