Schuberth Helmets - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Schuberth Helmets

I'm thinking of buying a new lid and have read a lot of great things about the Schuberth brand. Comfort, quiet, quality.

They're no longer imported into the states, but several places still have them and at what appears to be a great price.

If anyone has owned one, are they as comfortable and as quiet as reports say?

I'm currently wearing a two year old Arai Quantum, and am happy with it but if Schuberth's are as advertised I may buy one and give the Arai to the wife.

'08 Brutale in Arrest Me Orange

1967 Suzuki X 6 Hustler

Ducati Monster 1000

White and Silver 2011 Victory Cross Country

1982 Kawasaki AR 80 with 51 actual miles

Orange 2011 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:32 PM

New Site Garage

I have this flip-up model, not sure which it is. It has a flip open face, and a fighter pilot style drop down sun visor. It scores high on the technology scale, is light, quiet, and comfy. That being said, my head has always fit best in an Shoei, can't seem to get an Arai to fit, so make sure you try one on first, they are pricey, but high quality.

Good luck,

Griff
twoeleven
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasCitySmitty
I'm thinking of buying a new lid and have read a lot of great things about the Schuberth brand. Comfort, quiet, quality.
Make sure its a Concept 2 - there are a lot of improvements and it is much quieter than a Concept. I've worn my Concept 2 for about 2 years now and it is very comfortable and MUCH more quiet than the other flip-ups I've owned (Shoei Syncrotech and Nolan). The ear cups and close chin guard work great. The helmet works well and once you've used to a flip-up with the integrated sun shield it is hard to live with removing a full face to quickly talk, drink, or snack and changing shields for night of regular helmets. The locking mechanism of the flip-up is top notch, with visible red pins that disappear when it is properly latched so I feel it is probably as safe as a full face.

That said - I don't think any Flip-up will ever be a quiet as a full face. I use the flip up for long trips, and day-night riding. If I know I'm just taking a day ride I grab my full face.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:41 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPadden
Make sure its a Concept 2 - there are a lot of improvements and it is much quieter than a Concept. I've worn my Concept 2 for about 2 years now and it is very comfortable and MUCH more quiet than the other flip-ups I've owned (Shoei Syncrotech and Nolan). The ear cups and close chin guard work great. The helmet works well and once you've used to a flip-up with the integrated sun shield it is hard to live with removing a full face to quickly talk, drink, or snack and changing shields for night of regular helmets. The locking mechanism of the flip-up is top notch, with visible red pins that disappear when it is properly latched so I feel it is probably as safe as a full face.

That said - I don't think any Flip-up will ever be a quiet as a full face. I use the flip up for long trips, and day-night riding. If I know I'm just taking a day ride I grab my full face.

Tom
I should have said all this, too... +1

Shoei X-11 for daytime sorties, I use this helmet for when I know it will be dark on the way home, sunny on the way out...Great points Tom.

Griff
twoeleven
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
King of the Sink

Also, bear in mind that all BMW helmets are made by Schuberth - just in case you have any difficulties finding one in the future.

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
Also, bear in mind that all BMW helmets are made by Schuberth - just in case you have any difficulties finding one in the future.

this is probably the biggest hurdle to get over when shopping for a schuberth.... i haven't quite made it, though the bluesonic stuff from them (which doesn't make it over here) has got me interested.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM

Started with a Concept and now have a Concept 2. The C2 is superior to the original concept. Great helmet. I also have an Arai Quantum 2. These helmets fit my coconut well. I could not find a Shoei that fit.

Hope this helps with the very tough situation of fitting a helmet to your melon if you can't try it on at a dealership.

I find the Concepts did not work well for me on sportbikes. The top of the visor opening was too low and the aerodynamics were not right (Aprilia RSVR 1000 and Hayabusa are the rides). That's why I got the Arai. Concept works great on my 910R and other more upright bikes.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 PM

Also have a C2 Schuberth. I love its fit and quietness. One consideration is that it's difficult to find a replacement visor in case it's scratched. Helmet Depot had a nice supply recently so I ordered several, just in case.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Big Randaddy

Arn't Schuberths REALLY heavy? I realize that they are great quality otherwise. Shoei X11 and Arai Corsair for me.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 PM

I ride with Shuberth helmets for years now and I don't want another.
Some could say they are ugly and heavy. It is may the thruth, but once on your head, you forget everything, lissen to the silence and look the perfect view.
You can also paint them with a good result (see my avatar). It's a S1 and I also own a C2. Both are perfect for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'72 MV 350 S
'87 Honda XR 350
(sold)
'02 Yamaha TDM 900
(sold)
'05 Brutale 910S
'06 Triumph Daytona 675
'06 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Taste the MV side of life !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode