MV Agusta Helmets - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s
As I understand it for Australia the standards sticker must be displayed on the outside of the helmet (some also have it stamped on the inside) for the helmet to be legal.

If you get the helmet resprayed then the standards sticker is usually removed and replaced after the respray or masked for the respray so the helmet is still legal.

The helmet manufacturers do not recomend respraying, decals, cleaners etc as such processes may effect the integrity of the helmet. The respray, decals etc do not change the legality of the helmet. The removal of the standards sticker does.

The priority for helmet selection should always be fit. Cost, colour, style, etc come after you have chosen best fit.
That's what I was wondering, if they were painted by ARAI, I wouldn't question their integrity, but since they are painted by MV, I'm not sure. I've heard it many times, that aftermarket painting can make the helmet less effective, but I haven't seen it written in stone anywhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 PM

the 'do not paint, put decals on, etc' is part of the users guide/owners manual that comes with the helmet. its the bit we never read.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s
the 'do not paint, put decals on, etc' is part of the users guide/owners manual that comes with the helmet. its the bit we never read.
Thanks, I've never had a helmet, so I wouldn't know... Now I do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Big Randaddy

Guys:
Look at the stream posted above this one by Russell910 and the AGO helment. US pricing on an RX7 in white is $500-$600. Custom paint by Russell's guy is $150-$200. Call it $800 done.

MV Corse pricing on similar helmet....$1500 or so (from memory am I correct?).

Even a 'Bubba' can figure that one out....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

When is Arai going to introduce new colors? It may be just me, but out of all their RX-7 models, I like only one model. The nicest one they had imho was the McCoy Corsa, and now they don't have it for some reason? I know that colors aren't everything when it comes to helmets, but shouldn't they come out with something "fresh". It feels like they've had this lineup for quite sometime, and the only changes they made were removing helmet colors from their list.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM

I am dying for a new helmet design out of arai. Most of the styles are way over the top (really busy designs) or plain one color helmets. I would like a multi-colored helmet with a simpler design but more than just one color. I will probably try and contact that guy that did the ago paint and get a quote from him.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP
I am dying for a new helmet design out of arai. Most of the styles are way over the top (really busy designs) or plain one color helmets. I would like a multi-colored helmet with a simpler design but more than just one color. I will probably try and contact that guy that did the ago paint and get a quote from him.
That's what I do, but I would be concerned that it affects the integrity of the helmet.

These were my last two favorite Arai designs
Attached Images

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:53 PM

New Site Garage
Just found this YouTube from a guy who does helmet decals for a living. Really cool final product that I thought was worth sharing, but probably not worth it's own thread. So here's a reinvigoration from 2007!

esq'z me, bogie and nigelrb like this.

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
, '05 Brutale S 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode