MV Agusta Forum banner

With the Triumph 765 LE, anyone thinking of swapping?

6K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  sajmani 
#1 ·
With all the hype and mystery of the Limited Edition 765 Daytona anyone put a deposit down (none available in Europe) and there was something like 45 left in the US this afternoon?

I honestly can say i bought my F3 800 since triumph had not made this bike. I opted to put a deposit down for one once they opened the shop, based on the info that had been out there. Really waiting to see what is released on the 23rd of Aug, when the production model is shown to the public and run on track.
Pending this, i might part ways with my MV... :|

#2 ·
Yes, I placed my deposit and am on the UK list to receive one. Word from my dealer is that they sold out within 4 hours of dealer 'unofficial' release. I approached my dealer back on Feb 6 after a m/c magazine feature about the bike. Had also visited the factory, but it had been a long road of deflect and deny about this bike.

Word also is that they will be £15,500 (UK) but that is from a 'supposed' reliable source.
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...i6gzPcykcP6lcWFAliinwAWLCyLi8s5m589zrSOLijVSI

I can't offer a comparison with the F3, but as a stand alone bike I think it will be a class finish and 'should' hold a place in motorcycling history.

I look forward to the anticipated March 2020 delivery. Will update this thread with any relevant news.

#3 ·
Had a 2014 Daytona 675 as these were released during the absolute downtime of the European 600 market and consequently sold as absolute bargains. I remember when the dealer gave me the keys and told me he is so happy to have gotten rid of this machine as the model just does not fit into the Triumph world. But I cannot really say anything bad about the bike.

Given that Triumph will only do this limited production run and judging from the pictures so far, it will likely be the same chassis, but with advanced components. So it should also be a solid bike.

In terms of riding experience I considered my later Yamaha R6 and MV F3 675 to be more exciting than the Daytona. I don't know whether this can be applied 1 to 1 to the 800s as well.

Euro5 will force MV Agusta to move on with their triple and they already confirmed that the 800 will be a future 910 to 930cc. Then my choice would be clear towards MV. But you would maybe have to wait another year.

Or you take the Daytona and come "home" again 2021...

#30 ·
That photo of the triple clamp reminds me so much of my Aprilia RS125!

Even the similar shade of blue anodised fork caps! The bars look similar too, bolted on directly to the clamp.
I'm having to take the bar off mine because she was damaged when she was stolen two weekends ago, they hot wired it (hence no ignition key at the moment) and snapped the choke lever so I have to disassemble the left bar to replace...

Attachments

#8 ·
Beautiful bike Nigel, congrats!

You should look into stocking a spare set of fairings, being carbon and on a very limited production bike they will become unobtanium in very short time. Not saying you will do anything on purpose to dame these but even a rock at a good flying velocity can cause unrepairable damage to CF. One reason I parted ways with the Bimota SB8R, while it was in great shape, is the abundance of carbon fiber in fairings and the replacements were as rare as hen’s teeth.

#11 ·
Beautiful bike Nigel, congrats!

You should look into stocking a spare set of fairings, being carbon and on a very limited production bike they will become unobtanium in very short time. . .
Thanks, 'Tires':smile2:.

I visited the Triumph factory back in July and learnt that they have to keep spares for bikes for 7 years. Not sure if that is a Triumph culture or a European manufacturing protocol. But I accept your point. Funny thing is though, if I kept spare fairings for all my bikes, I'd have 10 sets in the loft (attic):grin2:.

However, I would like a USA set of fairings which we cannot get here because Triumph, albeit pompously, will only supply parts to a specified VIN. Your USA/Canada model has nice red accents on the fairing (see pic) which I tried my hardest to get here, but Triumph wouldn't have a bar of it:frown2:.

Very nice Nigel, I can imagine the sleep situation is becoming a problem. . . Please review once run in by Sunday lol.
Thanks Chris. It's worse now I know the bike is in the dealer's. Have to wait for pre-delivery etc. Will probably be able to collect on Friday - pending weather. Will certainly provide a review, but with my mileages shared between rides, it won't be run in until 2024>:) :wink2:.

@nigel You've got an impressive collection. Nice bike. Congratulations
And thanks to you also. I have been 'fine-tuning' the collection for a while now. Of course, no enthusiast is ever 'completely' happy, but must now show some restraint. The problem with restraint though, as my friend @anothermvfanatic will attest, is that it wanes very quickly when another bargain hits eBay!!

Attachments

#9 ·
Very nice Nigel, I can imagine the sleep situation is becoming a problem. I count sleeps and sheeps when a new toy is on the way.....until I pop.
Please review once run in by Sunday lol.

Reactions: nigelrb
#10 ·
@nigel You've got an impressive collection. Nice bike. Congratulations

#12 ·
So true. It falls like an algebraic equation. The bikes a man wants to possess is always n+1. Where n is the number he already has. You have the CBR1000RR-R which will be stellar. I have been looking into getting that.

And thanks to you also. I have been 'fine-tuning' the collection for a while now. Of course, no enthusiast is ever 'completely' happy, but must now show some restraint. The problem with restraint though, as my friend @anothermvfanatic will attest, is that it wanes very quickly when another bargain hits eBay!![/QUOTE]

#13 ·
. . . You have the CBR1000RR-R which will be stellar. I have been looking into getting that.
Don't have it yet. It's on order. UK delivery is suggested March/April, but I hear from US Honda forums that you guys must wait until June, AND you get only the SP version. Seems that USA has a massive backlog of 2018-19 CBR1000RR (both base and SP models) so you get the RR-R SP with Honda hoping that those who won't spend as much will opt for the 2019 bikes. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather buy a 2020 R1 than have to buy a 2019 Blade!

#15 ·
Thanks, Rob.

So what's happened to you? Very silent on the purchasing front of late?

Ah yes. It must be those feminine stares and glares each time you look at eBay or motorcycle shops!!:wink2:

Have you kept the yellow R1? (I see it's still in your signature)

#22 ·
oh man that thing is off the charts soooooooooo nice
just love it mate. I can see what you mean about the red inserts being nice, but i actually like the sleekness and darkeness of urs Nigel

#24 ·
I owned a few generations of R1's then had a Daytona 675, rumours of a 765 were floating around for years before the Moto 2 engines appeared but I wound up getting a F3 800 so I'm very jealous.

Do you get any "bits" with the bike as its a race replica especially the ability to access the ECU

Re the fairings: is there a high end carbon fibre bike fairing manufactures in your part of the world that may be happy to borrow your parts to make moulds and give you a free set of fairings in exchange ?

#26 ·
Cheers, Baba.

I nearly bought a 2020 R1M, but waited for the Honda 2020 announcement and on seeing it I was hooked!:smile2:

I've never owned a Triumph before. Many on forums etc, speak highly of the Daytona 675s, and more lately the 765 Street Triple is very well received both as a good bike and for its price.

No 'bits' for the bike, save for a backpack and folder for the documents. Nothing like the folders MV owners get though. Very disappointed to see that it's fitted with a lead acid battery rather than lithium. I've been using the phrase: 'High tech bike, low tech battery'.:frown2:

I don't think there's ECU access, but still working my way through the manual. In the 'olden days' all we had to do was reset the tripmeter (if the bike had one); today there are all sorts of configurations to set up, but for me, once set I don't need to change.

I haven't thought about acting as a template for a fairing manufacture. Truth is my nature wouldn't allow it. Too OCD that someone would scratch or cause a minor mishap!!:wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.