MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - Reliable?
Thread: Reliable?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Angloman

Question Reliable?

Hello all. I've introduced myself elsewhere on the forum, so I won't blather on so much about me.
I'm interested in a 2015 Veloce with about 7,000 miles on the clock that I've seen online at a local dealer.
I need a bike with cruise control (right hand cramps + tennis elbows) and the quick shifter & blipper would no doubt save my left hand from some hurt too.
Also, I really like the look and exclusivity of the Veloce.
My current bike is a 2011 Triumph Tiger 800xc, which is an excellent bike but just too tall (and I'm 5' 11"), and a bit top heavy. I'm 65 years old and have started to fret about the Tiger tipping over.
I work on my own bikes; I am a service engineer (soon to retire): I have the skills: I have the tools.
I've owned two Italian bikes: A Ducati 907ie which was a cracking ride, but had a too extreme riding position for me, and the electrics were sometimes a challenge. I also had a new Moto Guzzi Breva 1200, which was a total disappointment; it kept on letting me down.
The Triumph has been rock solid, if a bit uninspiring.
Given the above, my biggest concern about the Veloce is reliability. I don't mind fixing faults on machines; I have done that for 50 years, but I can't be bothered with machines that won't stay fixed i.e. because the initial design is weak.
I would be interested to hear of owner's experiences and opinions regarding early model Turismo Veloce reliability and faults - I can't afford a new one.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome