MV Agusta Forum banner

Project 1120 F4RC -17

27K views 147 replies 37 participants last post by  NicholasF4 
#1 ·
I was going to tune my RC and change everything on it.

It turns out HRT can't do it for me.

Great. That was the entire point of buying the bike in the first place.
I don't know what I'm going to do with it now(?)!
It's in the basement and until I can find someone who can put a big bore kit on it and tune it real good I won't be touching it.

EVERYONE warned me from buying a MV Agusta. Impossible to get parts, lack of service, bad quality etc etc.

If it won't be solved I'll sell the bike with too much of a loss and then get something I can find parts to.

Also, I still haven't gotten the carbon seat cowl and it turns out it's impossible to order the AMG fairings my dealer told me.

Anyone know where else I can get the bike tuned? I have to have the 1133cc big bore kit.

/Very disappointed

See less See more
#2 ·
No sure just why you need the 1133 big bore kit? Bike makes more power than anyone not one of the MotoGP aliens can use in stock form.

Have you ridden it? Maybe that's the best idea.

#4 ·
The bike doesn't deliver any 212hp. Only on the paper.

I want it.
Now I can't have it. I bought it so that I could tune it the way I wanted it. It was either the RC or the H2R.

Why even have a big bore kit nobody can buy?

And the dry clutch - nobody can buy it.

Money is ready - I can't get it.

Looking at HP4RACE. LKM in Germany can tune pretty good I heard.
I guess I can put lights from S1000RR on it.

The RC can collect dust until someone can deliver what I want.

Even my ZXR750(950cc) from 1992 is more vicious than the stock RC.

#7 ·
Your dealer talks rubbish as can clearly be seen by my F4 build thread where i ordered the AMG fairings direct from MV via Evolutionbike. They are currently off the bike wrapped up safely in the wardrobe (selling my F4 for an F4RR where the AMG fairings will have a new home)

Why you would want to get more power from the RC is beyond me, I doubt many of us could make the most of the RC in stock form anyway.

#8 ·
Plated cylinders. Yes. they could be machined out and replated. That's all the big bore kit would be.

You were considering the H2R which is supercharged, but won't consider turbo? I'm no fan of turbos either...maybe you could supercharge it? It would be a first.

Your obsession with peak horsepower is interesting. Are you into peak horsepower dyno shoot outs against full bore Hayabusas and ZXR14s???

I mean....you can't use what's already there on the street. And not on the track either without significant chassis tuning and mad skills like Marquez.

So what is the point? I'm just curious.

#10 ·
Everyone goes full loving bananas when the HRT 1133 Brutale is presented in 2011 but when I want to do the same to my engine nobody understands.

I want it, that's the reason.

H2R gives much more linear power curve and the supercharger is factory made.
Many home built turbo bikes blows up and looks ridiculous.

Help me instead find someone serious who can build my engine. I can ship the motor to The States if necessary.

Plated cylinders, interesting. It's not my field of work so please tell me more. Any suggestions are welcome.

Can I use old cylinder -09 or so, on my bike to be able to reach 1133cc??
Is it possible for a stroker kit?

Thanks.

#12 ·
Thanks.

Exactly my point; "anything can be done, all it takes is money". I've heard that from HRH and everywhere else too.
Now that I have endless funds and want to do precisely "anything and everything" - suddenly it can't be done.

If you could guide me I'd be pleased.

Now we're getting somewhere. :)

#13 ·
Get the F4 1078 RR 312 or the CC. With some very proper tuning you can make close to 200 RWHP. Without taking the engine apart. And Magnesium parts can be found.

#15 ·
#20 ·
Nicholas, is it possible that you're not satisfied because of the Euro4 emission stuff they put on the bike? I test rode a Yamaha R6 recently, must say it's nothing like I remember of my old R6, flat spots everywhere due to the Euro4 emission. Have you put on the SC pipe and race ECU to try out?

Having said above I understand your frustration. Bikes (to me at least is a poor man's Ferrari), and if you can't get insane acceleration satisfaction etc, why risk life and limb. Hope you get to your destination, what ever that happens to be. BTW, I've bought a couple of bits from Ferraci, and can only say their service is excellent.

#21 ·
The RC is Euro3. I especially wanted a euro3-bike, I understand what you mean Paul.

I want a built bike - because I want it. The stock RC is a monster. I haven't tried the SC Project and don't think I will either. It looks terrible.
The AMG was flawless, and then they ruined it with the Motul version.

HRH has promised me to look up what can be done with the RC. Let's see what they say.

I've emailed Ferrucci. Hope they can do more.

Looked up HP4RACE, can't decide yet of what to do.
Too bad my girl can't reach the ground sitting on my RC or else I'd could have a direct valid reason to buy the HP. There are, sadly, more tuning options for the BMW :(

#22 ·
im just curious, and please dont take any offence to this as its not my intention.

But r u really that good of a rider or do u feel u r that good to warrant having that huge power in a bike. Is this for track racing professionally and competitivly or u just want it cos u have the money and u want to spend it.

#23 ·
None taken.

I just want a cool bike.
Yes, the RC is cool but I have an idea of what I want and then I'm going for it. It will happen sooner if you all chip in with some help. MV is a new world to me. If it was the R1M it would already be finished, but nobody in Sweden wants to touch a MV.

Why would anyone want the RC or Superleggera if nobody can handle the power to begin with? Then we should all ride a NSR125. People get killed on these bikes too.

You'll se the end result next year. I will do it and it will be a sweet ride. It will cost around 1 year worth of salary but I'm going to work anyway so why not spend it on something cool. New brakes and rims are €7.000 alone =D *sick.....

Was the 1133cc Brutale pointless too?

#24 ·
Mate ur a good man for not taking offence. Again not my intention
You provide some vary intersting points and points i cant really comment on, because i am by no means a good rider at all, far from it. In fact, i have an rgv250 and even that scares me. My f41000, hahahah man i cant ride that thing to 1%o of its power .

I cant chip in as to how u can get more power from that bike so ill let the people on here tell u who has so much more knowledge. For me i like to leave things standard. But there are people on here who have tracked the f4cc and smashed or tracked the desmosedici so maybe they can tell u where to get the bike done.

The only thing i could say is because u live in Sweden its much easier for u to transport the bike to another country even maybe Italy without too much trouble. Me in Australia that would be hard.

So good luck my friend, enjoy and please yes post up pics when u get that thing the way u want it

#25 ·
Mate ur a good man for not taking offence. Again not my intention
You provide some vary intersting points and points i cant really comment on, because i am by no means a good rider at all, far from it. In fact, i have an rgv250 and even that scares me. My f41000, hahahah man i cant ride that thing to 1%o of its power .

I cant chip in as to how u can get more power from that bike so ill let the people on here tell u who has so much more knowledge. For me i like to leave things standard. But there are people on here who have tracked the f4cc and smashed or tra

cked the desmosedici so maybe they can tell u where to get the bike done.

The only thing i could say is because u live in Sweden its much easier for u to transport the bike to another country even maybe Italy without too much trouble. Me in Australia that would be hard.

So good luck my friend, enjoy and please yes post up pics when u get that thing the way u want it
I love how you put that mate!

#27 ·
I like the power in the MV...I like the torque more in a practical sense on the road.

I too can only extract a one % of it's capability ...I like the "Genie in the lamp" it's there always waiting maybe to be released sometime, maybe not like an unopened bottle of aged brandy ! ..Sometimes I tease the edge of the beginning of the envelope but I value my license and have become sensible.

But hell yeah, it's a project and a challenge to get it where you want it and totally illogical but then it doesn't have to make any sense at all.

Chris at X - Bikes could be a useful contact ...

Joe

#28 ·
Got home late yesterday evening. Have been thinking a lot of this project and will do it. Somehow.

Dug the bike up from the basement and took it for a ride.

Man this bike is great! It's still in stock mode and yet so insane.
I can't imagine how stupid fast it'll be after I reach 220-230hp, lower the weight and put a Bodis on it.

I was checking tire pressure down at the gas station and met some old friends. Apparently the whole town knows I got the most vicious bike they said.
They had to take pictures of it and was stunned about how detailed it really is.

When I think of it; every time I've been out riding it(and it's barely been 5 days totally which is a shame) people have come up to me asking if they can take a picture of it. :)

I'm going to keep it and reach my goals as intended. I've never ridden a smoother bike - and I used to work as a test rider for 2 years, got to ride all bikes there is.

Attachments

#29 ·
mate u kill me hahahah
urve gone from wanting to get rid of it cos u couldnt have what u wanted to have done to it to now being in love again and wanting to keep it
all i can say is welcome to mvagusta.

The passion will kill u for these bikes. Just like italian woman they drive u crazy yet its very hard to let them go.

#30 ·
And if ever you don't want it anymore... I am not that far from you. Bring it over and I will keep an eye on it and ride it occasionally.

Reactions: ARAMIS
#32 ·
I appreciate that you guys can sacrifice yourself for my bike. :)

There is a German company who might be able to do half of what I want and that's close enough. I'm waiting respond from them and if they give me the green light i will let them do my bike.

Look what I got today :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.