MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - Coolant equivalent to Agip Eco in USA? Any Ethylene Glycol 50/50
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:59 AM
esq'z me
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Basic Ethylene Glycol coolants are all pretty much the same. Automotive "long-life" and motorcycle branded all pretty much the same. Buy pre-mixed, or mix 50/50 with distilled water.

High performance non-ethylene glycol motorcycle coolants (engine ice among others) have some different characteristics that may be desirable.

Race tracks frequently ban glycol based coolants...I use "Ice Water" in my track bike, supplemented with Water Wetter.

For normal street use in temperate climates (like here in Atlanta GA, USA) I use long life Prestone coolant. Much more affordable than the same thing as in the motorcycle targeted containers, and the same stuff.

Anti-corrosive agents, anti-foaming agents and lubrication agents are important, which is why just plain water is not the best alternative (besides freeze protection).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome