MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - New service bulletin for three cylinder models?
View Single Post
post #98 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:56 PM
esq'z me
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Not sure over tightening the center nut that secures the clutch assembly to the transmission shaft could cause what you are describing.

If anything, it would lock the basket and hub together, rendering the clutch inoperative (would never disengage). But you would have to massively over tighten, deforming internal parts, to do that.

If the pressure plate is rotating freely when you try to tighten the spring screws then the clutch is slipping completely....no friction occurring within the plate stack that transfers power from the basket (driven by the crankshaft) to the hub (driving the transmission shaft).

You have something not assembled properly...like you left out a plate??? Take it all apart and start over.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome