MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - Draagster RC - Stock Exhaust Fitting Issue
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Fishcookie

New Site Garage
News from the Small Island off the Coast of Australia..... We have success. The Easter Bunny Saved Me!

A fresh mechanic in pyjamas checked all the parts involved in the conundrum, and measured up. It turned out that the stock connection was not round, and this did not help when trying to slip this heavy beast in such a tight space. Even with extra Italian Lube! We were being Stalloned.

Today' Operation Glory Whole Plan:
Rear wheel off, right peg off, belly pan, and stock exhaust mounting removed. (Everything that could be in the way!)
Be patient.
Treat her nice.
Plenty of fancy silver lube and tease how she likes it.

After 10 mins of teasing it and a few growls, it engaged to half the fitting. After learning the new way of the exhaust, by willing it, feel, twist, push, breathing, and of course ye lucky mallet tap here and there, she looked pretty good... but at 45 degrees.

To avoid a fail whale, the rear wheel went back in while it could fit, then by twisted her up to vertical carefully and forcefully at the same time, this stock exhaust was not coming out...

I'll take her out for a wee stealth exhaust run in the morrow, and check for any leaks or issues.

@Silent Service: you were spot on. One must learn and be at one with the exhaust. Patience was the No.1 requirement.

Any recommendations after noting the exhaust connector was not perfectly round?
Run her hot and break her in for a week, then take a look?

I will definitely feel naked without the SC Project road safety feature. Captain.⚓️
Attached Images

A swashbucklin' Scurvy Dog who Dragster Arrrgggh C's in New Zealand. ⚓

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome