MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - Guns, Politics, and Religion.
View Single Post
post #7145 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:16 AM
silentservice703

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRoyWallace View Post
I was similiarly surprised when one day this thread came to my notice, and while it is amusing, I have frequently wondered why it was allowed to start, as it has the potential to be very unproductive & divisive.
Just a little history into the origin of this G.P.R. Thread:

Without going into detail, there were individuals who delighted in posting controversial and inflammatory content wherever they decided to in many different threads. That content often became controversial and argumentative and frankly, rude.

People are allowed to have their opinions based on their experiences and motivations. It is the way of the world.

Carl, @CAG, saw that Guns, Politics, and Religion were topics that created very vehement conversations and those conversations would pop up in the middle of an otherwise very informative or entertaining thread. As those threads spiraled out of control, genuine feelings were hurt, friendships were altered or destroyed and people were banned from the forum.

The moderators decided to establish GPR to be a repository for all things controversial.

While decorum seems to have reigned since, occasionally things get a bit salty. I miss the days of free banter where people didn't get their tits in a tither over someone else's overzealous opinion.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome