MV Agusta Forum banner

Gapalicious 2018

65K views 822 replies 45 participants last post by  Ian SAVS 
#1 ·
Sooooooo, now that we've had time to reflect on the last event (and to beat George to it! :wink2:), when're we going to start planning the Gapalicious 2018?!

In all seriousness, judging by the posts made on the last thread I think a great time was had by all and we've all expressed interest in next year so peeps, let's make it happen! :smile2:

#2 ·
:friday:

Reactions: NYDUCATI
#3 ·
I can certainly reserve The Crow's Nest and ALL of The Riverfront.....

Reactions: italia
#5 ·
I missed 2017 while on my 25th anniversary in Europe. I love the photos and plan to join you guys. Doctor help me, I have MV fever.:crazyeyes

#7 ·
I better not have any excuses for not going next year. My boss is a great guy, love to hang with him at the "pub". It's his basement and yes, it's a pub. :) But hanging out with my MV family of choice would be the best.

#8 ·
Dates for next year can vary by a week or so. Too late and we get leaf-peepers, too early and it will be hotter than this year.

I'll suggest October 3-7 as a starting point taking into consideration some birthdays and the Holiday Weekend. Open for discussion....

Curtis, get on that track-day search and if we can extend, then so be it!

#9 ·
Dates for next year can vary by a week or so. Too late and we get leaf-peepers, too early and it will be hotter than this year.

I'll suggest October 3-7 as a starting point taking into consideration some birthdays and the Holiday Weekend. Open for discussion....
Monday, October 8 is Columbus Day, and will be a three day weekend for some people, thus increasing undesirable traffic that weekend. I'd rather be hotter than get bogged down with leaf-peepers creeping along on a three-day weekend.
I didn't find anything hot about the riding temperatures this year, particularly on Cherohala Skyway.:freezing: So, I'd vote for the last weekend in September.

#10 ·
I am riding from Frankfurt to Firenze with a buddy from 20th September to the 29th. Ugh, but if you guys have to do the last week, then I guess I will have to settle for pics!

#12 ·
Just stop your whining about not getting as many Sprokit REVs as everybody else. Jeez!

Reactions: andrew fotheringham
#14 ·
I generally shoot for the last week of September......... I take a week off from work which allows me to ride down and up and still have time to hang for a few days........ I'm flexible, but I find leaf peppers a bit annoying.

Today I wanted to take the Brutale to work........... won't start, but you can sure smell the fuel.

#16 ·
So this is where somebody is supposed to chime in and say "Oh no RB, you're opinion definitely counts".

#17 ·
Bueller ...

#18 ·
Bueller . . . .

#19 · (Edited)
Bueller .. . . . . . . .

:stickpoke

#24 ·
When you all figure out where you will have the next Sprockit-alicious board meeting I can provide some maps(GPS routes) for loops or rides. I make maps for a living, and can provide GPS routes or PDF maps for loops if the group or individual would find this helpful. Suggestions for maps are always welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.