MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - Is a steering damper recommended?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
How about some tree roots breaking the pavement at the apex of a fast turn? The bars gave a wiggle, but everything was fine and I never had to back off.

You guys obviously never rode race bikes in the 70's..... I watched my friend on his H2 Kawasaki, passing me on my little 250, on the high banks at Charlotte Motor Speedway weaving violently all the way down into the first turn....When, later in the pits, I asked him how he managed that beast his response was " Ah, you get used to it." And we had steering dampers, too !!!
End up with internal elbow bleeding from a violent tank slap and you'll be glad thats all you have. A hidden pothole that can swallow and entire wheel is no joke. I'm not talking about a little root wiggle . 40 years of road riding in every possible condition and an adjustable damper is my best investment. Saved my ass. I actively use it in all sorts of traffic situations and road conditions, not track life.

With much respect... life on the upper northeast corridor can be intense.

2008 B4 910s. . . .
1987 BMW K75s. . . .

PSA/Public Service Announcement W e l c o m e !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
Adding LOCATION to your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Adding BIKE YEAR and MODEL/s to your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Special thanks to forum member Donsy)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome