MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - 2007 MV F4 R fuel pump replace
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:06 AM
esq'z me
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The o-ring gets cut by a notch in the tank mating surface. There are threads about this. Easy preventive measure is to build up and shape epoxy to smooth that notch out. You need a new o-ring. Available from McMaster-Carr for pennies. Again, documented in other threads.

Click-R clamps can be unlocked with a small flat blade screwdriver, but you really should invest in the proper pliers...available on e-bay among other places. Again, documented in other threads.

Take the pump and jump it to a 12 volt battery to test if it runs. Sometimes a pump frozen with dead fuel can be "shocked" into movement with a direct battery jump start. Can also be submerged in carb cleaner to dissolve the gum.

Filter is available in auto parts stores. Common part number is documented in a prior threads. So is the fuel hose.

Time for a little "Search" and read.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome