MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - 2007 MV F4 R fuel pump replace
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Ozboy

2007 MV F4 R fuel pump replace

Hey guys,

Its been a long time since I've been on here, work and family commitments always take most of our time.

Anyway, I thought it was time to get the F4 back on the road as I haven't ridden it in over 4 years. Unfortunately I fell into that trap of connecting the trickle charger then putting the cover on the bike and forgetting about it.
Big mistake, I replaced all the fluids recently and realized I hadn't drained the fuel tank years earlier. There was about 4 litres of "varnish and treacle" in the tank.

Needless to say, the pump did not prime when turning the key.

So off came the tank and out came the pump and this is what I found.

The oem hoses are rubbish, they have completely fallen apart and the hose clamps are a nightmare to undo without the pliers. The main O ring seems to have a notch out of it (Is that meant to be there? )

This is a work in progress, so I'll update as I move through the process. But here are the photos of the pump uninstalled.
Attached Images

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome