Perth to Lancelin ride 30.6 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Perth to Lancelin ride 30.6

Weather permitting,there is an all Italian ride from Wanneroo, north of Perth,to Lancelin which is around one hours drive north.
We leave Mcdonalds 10am.
So anyone from Perth who hasn't seen the invite on PSB feel free to com along,as I'm sure there are still a few people that dont work saturdays.
All going well there will will be plenty of photos and Broms new Senna should steal the limelight.Looking forward to it,hope to see a few more Italian bikes.

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 AM
King of the Sink

It was a great ride - although it started a little wet. We waited around at Macca's for a while, and had some foul coffee (well, mine was anyway) before heading out into what looked like a break in the weather. About 5 minutes into the ride, the heavens opened and we all got drenched. The weather gods then played with us a little, letting us dry out before raining on us again 2 or 3 times. After that, it all cleared up and we had a great run up to Lancelin, followed by lunch in the pub next to the beach.

I was TEC for a while, and was pulled over by the local constabulary - not for any reason, though. He checked my licence, and asked where all the Italian bikes were. The police had noticed the post on the local forum and decided to send the traffic cops out just to make sure we didn't rape and pillage in every village on the way there. Unknown to them, the weather put a heap of people off, so there were only 6 on the day.

Here are some pix for those interested:

http://sventekoz.smugmug.com/gallery/3079032#168003312

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Great day!

After an appalling start in Wanneroo(North Perth) due to the weather,we headed off to Lancelin.The ride consisted of 6 bikes,very poor effort on the part of Perth Italian bike owners.
Our only incident on the way up was a police car clocking us at 10kmph over the limit...yes he did stop the last 2 riders John (Sventekoz) and Jane(Ducati monster),Tosser.
We arrived at Lancelin a little after noon,stopped to take in the view(will need to see Svens photos) a bite to eat then back to Perth.
On our way we met up with Broms(forum member) for the first time as he had just picked up his beautiful Senna.Broms is the person on the far left of the Senna photo.Thanks for making the effort Broms,it was good to finally meet you.
After a spirited ride home,I would have to say it was a great day!
N.B Offensive material removed by request.
Attached Images

07 F41000R

07 CBR 600RR trackbike

Last edited by Ozboy; 06-30-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:47 AM
King of the Sink

I'll do you a deal - if you delete that first shot of me, I'll delete the one of you dancing in my album!!

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
I'll do you a deal - if you delete that first shot of me, I'll delete the one of you dancing in my album!!
You win Sven,must be that psychological edge you have

07 F41000R

07 CBR 600RR trackbike

Last edited by Ozboy; 06-30-2007 at 09:30 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 AM
King of the Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozboy
NOT A CHANCE BROTHER!
Although you are far more handsome in real life...was that OK.
Unlike you're going to be when I finish photoshopping all my pix of you!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:03 PM

Great pix guys...

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:21 PM
King of the Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozboy
You win Sven,must be that psychological edge you have
LOL!

And I was having so much fun with your pix!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 09:42 PM

Thanks for waiting for me for the second part of the ride, I had a great time.

As previously reported, my first ride on my Senna was in heavy traffic with pouring rain from the shipping company back to my home, so it was fantastic that my second ride was out in the twisties with a group of riders on Italian bikes.

I spent the first 15 minutes on route to the freeway getting comfortable. After the freeway and the coast road to Lancelin, I was having a ball and after the twisties on the back roads I felt like I had owned the bike forever !!

I'm SO very happy that I purchased the MV and I can't wait for the next ride.

Cheers
Broms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode