Sydney ride day Sun 24th June 2007 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Sydney ride day Sun 24th June 2007

Its been a while since the last Sydney ride and now its getting that bit colder, but hopefully we can generate some interest amongst the Sydney and surrounds riders for Sunday 24th June 2007.

The ride we had last time was a good one from McGraths Hill up the Putty Road, across to Wollombi then down to Peats Ridge before back into Sydney. Perhaps we can do the same run again for those that are keen. Once again, probably an early start is best. Look at meeting at McDonalds at McGraths Hill at 7.30am for an 8am ride.

We had about 8 bikes last time so it would be great to have a few more along. I notice a few new members in the Sydney area, you are welcome to come join us.

MarkM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 04:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Hi Mark. Bugger, I will be in USA (Seattle) that weekend. I could do the weekend prior?

If not have a good one and see you soon.

MVA Sydney
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 06:53 PM

Mark, I'll pencil this date in. Sounds like fun. I've haven't done Putty Rd on the 1000 yet.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 AM

Hi Mark,
Sounds good. i'm ok for either next weekend or the 24th.
John.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

MVASyd - Sorry I have a family commitment on the weekend before it, ie this weekend coming. Will have to catch up with you another time. PS The bike is running so much better now the PC has been re-mapped and other bits fixed, thanks for your referral.

Minime and John34, looks like its us for the 24th, unless anyone else out there wants to join us. Hopefully it will be better weather than what we have had recently...

MarkM
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 07:33 PM

Hi Mark.
Did Phil at Stoney Creek do your map? It sure makes a difference. I had mine at a track day on Monday, and wow, it is so smooth and fast.

Have a great time guys and see you when I get back. Maybe we should organise a track day?. I am a certified Coach so I could give some one on one to the track newbies?

MVA Sydney
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

MVASyd,
Yes, Phil did the mapping and its running well. Id love to have a track day organised as I've never done one and find it a bit intimidating, knowing so many faster or skilled riders out there and wouldn't want to hold them up. I would certainly love to give it a go though.
MarkM
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 AM

OK lets meet up in July (if the old road is open) and pick a date. I will help you any others that need some track coaching, it will be a fun day for sure. It is very different to road riding and I understand why people get intimidated.

MVA Sydney
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 04:04 AM

Mark, I wouldn't be able to make this Putty run sorry mate. I was suppose to help my sister move on the long weekend. Due to the really bad weather she has decided to move on the 24th instead, and my car is the only car in the family which has a towbar. I'm not looking forward to moving her industrial sewing machine up three flights of stairs in Paddington. I should finish by about midday and might meet you in the afternoon at Road Warriors if your there?

MVASyd, July or earlier would be fine by me. Any coaching would be great the more the better. I'm brave enough to say I am a slow rider on the straights and always learning. I'll buy you breakfast and lunch and all the coffee you can handle at the Pie in the sky or Road Warriors if you can show me and others the light. You name the time and I'll be there (except the 24th).

I've been looking at either Circuit Breakers or Superbike school as Shannons Insurance will insure the bike when doing corning school (advance riding courses). My concern with trackdays is that the bike is not insured and I cannot risk the MV to that or worse someone comes and clip you from behind!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Last edited by minime; 06-13-2007 at 04:47 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 08:40 AM

Hi Mark,
count me in it would be great to catch again, It would be good to see some others along for the ride.Hopefully the weather will be good on the day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode