DC Area Ride - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
DC Area Ride

I know it is kinda last minute with the holiday weekend coming, but with most people off on Monday i am trying to get a ride organized. So far it is Hellcat and myself. We are leaving from the Alexandria area at 8 am on Monday morning. the trip should be no more than 4 hours total and should be a great ride being that nobody is working. All are welcome, and the more the merrier. Lets hear it!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 02:47 PM

chris..give xman a call. he's been out on his senna as is usually down to ride. i'll text you his number.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
i got it, Hellcat has his Senna also, would be pretty sweet to have two at once!! I will give him a call after work.

Motorcycle Art!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Established Member

I did the ride today on the ZX10 since I hadn't taken it out in a while. The ride is 90 miles all backroads. It takes a couple of hours with no stops, but I like to stop a few times for coffee and just to relax. Nice roads. The MV hasn't been out there yet, so I am really looking forward to Monday's ride.

Planned start time from the meeting place is 8:00am. Sounds early because it is. The traffic is light to non-existent on these roads at that time. I am usually tired at 7:00am when I leave home (i've been doing this morning ride for about 3 years now), but the cool air and excitement of being on the bike leave me feeling fresh once I am underway.

I found a place to meet at the intersection of Fairfax County Parkway and Braddock road. Its the Mott Community Center parking lot which is 200 feet east of the parkway. PM me if you need more specific directions and are interested in the ride.

Senna 1000, 06 zx10r - past 82 kz750, 82 gpz750, 87 1000 ninja, 92 cbr900rr, 2000 cbr929, 03 gsx-r1000
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM

Damn - this ride snuck up on me. Didn't see the start time until it was too late to get there. Hope it was a blast and count me in for the next one.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Established Member

Chirs (Greeneggs&ham) and I met up at 8:00am. Wow did we have a great ride. Chris was a pleasure to ride with. He and I have a similiar riding style and the whole ride was smooth and fast.

I am still pumped up from the ride. I've just had this glow all day. It was my first real ride on the MV and the bike just blows me away. Fast, precise, flawless handling. No matter how hard I pushed it, it remained composed and confidence inspiring. I love this bike! The ride had everything from unmarked road surfaces to 120 mph sweepers.

My wife's birthday is next weekend, so I won't be riding, but I'd be up for another ride in a couple of weeks.

Senna 1000, 06 zx10r - past 82 kz750, 82 gpz750, 87 1000 ninja, 92 cbr900rr, 2000 cbr929, 03 gsx-r1000
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Pics from the Ride

Here are some pictures of before and after we had a great ride down towards Quanitco and Marine base. when we stopped to turn around you could hear the sound of machine guns and their short bursts of fire. all in all it was a pretty good ride, some good sweepers and we were able to get a rythem going from turn to turn. it is so bad more bikes couldn't come out to join us but i am sure there will be other times. enjoy the pics and thanks for showing me a good route Hellcat!
Attached Images

Motorcycle Art!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Here is the last set up pics, and a couple at the end showing our mugs to those who have talked to us online and never met face to face. Dave with his beautiful Senna, and myself with my F4
Attached Images

Motorcycle Art!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 08:52 PM

looks good guys. i see no back pack and helmet cam made it's way with you chris. GOOD MOVE! no need in ruining a good trip!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Until i can get a few more rides under my belt while keeping her upright i dont think the camera will be brought on any rides. but i will bring it back out one of these days!!

Motorcycle Art!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode