Mv Agusta Factory Visit - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Mv Agusta Factory Visit

Hi Guys

Just got back from Italy and the MV Agusta factory. Before I waffle on about the factory, I'll give you a bit of back ground information about the area, hotel and resturants etc, just in case you are planning a visit out there.

VARESE

Varese is situated north of Milan and is a stones throw from the swiss border, about 30 mins drive. You are surrounded by lovely lakes and mountains etc. You can actually see the Italian and Swiss alps merge, absloutely breath taking scenery! It is immediately evident that Varese is quite an affluent area with luxuary villas purched on the lower pre-alpine highlands. you are also very near to lake Como, Lake Maggiore and Lugano. Taking a trip along the costal route which huggs Lake Maggiore you really are taken back with the fantastic panoramic views and lush greenery of this area. The roads are smooth with great bends. I was so tempted to go and hire an F4 for the day just for the experience, however, I had my two year old daughter saying "more ice cream please daddy" and my wife wanting to excercise my credit card I would of been in the dog house, but, it would of been worth it!!!!!

HOTEL

We stayed at a lovely hotel in Varese called the Palace Grand Hotel. This hotel is situated high on a private hill and has commanding views over Varese and lake Varese. Its truely a splendid building with understated elegance. I would say the hotel is in an Art Nouveau style and boasts four well deserved stars. Its also well priced and won't break the bank. As you walk into the hotel you are immediately greeted with a Cagiva racing motorcycle and an MV Agusta F4 Oro (although the MV was away when we arrived). You soon realise who owns this hotel! It belongs to the Castiglioni group. You soon note that this a true family environment with Mrs Castiglioni (senior) having breakfast and dinner with the hotel guests. She is a very charming lady and was very nice to my daughter.

RESTURANTS

Well, you can't go to Italy without experiencing their cuisine which is a true gastronomic delight. A couple of places I would highly recommend. If you are looking for something a little special, you must go to Ristorante Teatro is situated in Varese centre in the pedestrian area. Its the oldest restuarant in town and the food is quite simply fantastic. Great service and attentive staff combined with mouth watering food. Take a couple of hours to really expereince this place, yes, its a little pricey, but your on holiday! The other resturant I would suggest is Ristorante Bistrot, this is situated in the area of Barasso, about a 15 to 20 min drive from the hotel. This is quite simply good old fashion Italain food but with a big emphasis on quality and fresh produce. The locals love this place and a must for any lover of good food! The prices are great also.

MV FACTORY VISIT

As you may know, the factory is situated on the banks of Lake Varese. Its located in a place called Schiranna in Varese. You just wouldn't think there is a bike factory here. Again, nice area and quite residential. The factory does not appear to be sign posted so you can easily miss it. Would you believe, the factory has got quite a nice resturant next to it with lovey views of the lake. Only the Italians would think of this. You can't build works of art on an empty stomach! I was greeted at the factory by a lovely young lady called Alessia Riboni, she works within the MV/Cagiva marketing dept. I was so thrilled to be at MV and be personally shown around by Alessia. My own private tour. I understand that they don't normally conduct tours like Ducati and don't have a special dept. The factory is bigger than it looks from the outside, making Husqvarna, Cagiva and of course, MV. Again, even from the factory yard, stunning views of the lake and an old Italian jet fighter as the premises was previously owned by Air Macchi. The factory appears to be in converted aircraft hangers. The thing that really strikes you is the attention to detail here, not just MV , but all the other brands of bikes they build. No robots here, just a dedicated work force who are commited to building fine machines. They make all the engine parts on the premises with precision tooling. Humans work alongside state of the art equipment. The engine plant is really interesting and Alessia allowed me to take photo's of what ever I wanted. Unfortunately, I had my wife's crap camera, so the photo's are not that clear, sorry guys. I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to PC's, so if anyone can tell me how to post the photo's, I will do so.
During my visit at MV, they were just getting ready for their big factory club meet, so it was lovely to see all MV's from down the ages including old and new racing models. I undertand reading between the lines that MV are planning a few new models next year, but I don't know what type. Apparently, they will also be announcing shorly regarding Foggy in the world super bikes, apparently he gets on well with the boss, especially as he done well for Ducati when it was owned by the Castiglioni brothers. I also got a really good look at the new 312, it looks stunning in black and pearl along with the red and silver and black and grey! Its a tough choice!!!
I also get the impression that they are not planning any further changes to the 312 next year. A visit to the factory for any MV lover is a must, but you must contact them before hand.
There is an MV dealer quite close to the factory in Gavirate called Paronelli motorcycles just in case you wanted to pick up some parts etc. There is no MV dealer in the centre of Varese.

Well, I hope that helps if anyone is interested.

All the best

Last edited by nicensleazy; 04-29-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to long3jl
I'm touring Italy in July for two weeks. Is there a number to reach the factory to set up a tour? Sounds great. Look forward to photos.

[james long]
virginia, usa
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 03:06 PM

What a great summary of your trip. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. This information is great .... "one day", I tell myself, "one day" ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 PM

MV factory visit

Hi Nicensleazy, I am off to Limoni at Lake Garda in September and was going to make a visit to the factory compulsory (My partner does not know this!). How did you arrange the visit as I would not like to cold call. Were they welcoming or did you feel as if you were putting them out?

Great info by the way.

PS I live in Maidstone, Kent, it would be great to meet up some time. PM me if you are interested in a rideout.

Lloyd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:01 PM

I'd love to do this www.fast-travel.ch and visit the factories I'm looking forward to your pictures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
That was a great description of your trip. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

CAG
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 AM

Thank You for Your Impressions. I was also overwhelmed were I was there in February. I contacted Miss Frederica Artoni ([email protected]) for a date in the factory. For those who are interested.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Established Member

Any Pics???
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 AM

Thanks for posting-I've spoke of visiting the MV Factory to my wife & it so nice to hear such a glowing endorsement. I enjoying the feeling that owning an MV is like being part of the family.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the thread Nicensleazy! Very interesting.
A whole gang of us are planning major family villa holiday next year. Wives and kids fly drive and all the boys ride down. We will make sure the villa is not too far from the factory.
Cheers,
Tont

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode