California Speedway Trackday 1-6-07 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
California Speedway Trackday 1-6-07

What a day! I am about to uncork a giant Chimay Ale, and tell you all the story of a very sweet day. Grab a cold one, and enjoy the thread...

Pop! The cork is out, and the ale tastes sweet, thanks to Netizen who brought me two bottles of the Belgium-ish treat...

Netizen and I went for an early morning ride this morning, and since he arrived in his cage, en route to San Diego, I put him on the 1998 R1, and I fired up the double cannons of the RC51. We basically repeated last weekend's ride, so I won't retell that tale. Suffice it to say that the riding was awesome, the weather was perfect, and Tom's Farms didn't disappoint with a shortstack and a side of ham and eggs. We switched bikes along the way, and Netizen experienced the booming power of the RC's Sato exhaust system first hand, as I rode the last few miles home on my trusted R1.

With Netizen on his way to SD, I packed up a few goodies and rolled the ZX7R off of its stand, it was up in the rotation and begging to get out into the warn California sunshine. It was a short 18-mile blast up the CA15 to Fontana, where I had planned on meeting up with Archille (David) and Taffspeed (Vince), and possibly Nevermore (Chris), for their trackday in preperation for their WERA races tomorrow. The ZX devoured the route without incident, and I soon located The Dream Garage on Wheels.

I parked in line as if the ZX belonged in the company of all of those beautiful race-ready machines, and said hello to Vince and David, and their friends Joe and Dave. I would like to thank Vince and David, and their friends Joe and Dave, for their warm hospitality, they make you feel like family, and I swear I leave their company everytime wanting to be a better person...Well, at least a better rider! These guys go fast.

I tracked down Nevermore (Chris) in an adjacent garage, and saw for the first time his mystical R1...This bike has it all, check the pics...Incredible. While the three of them rotated through their sessions (along with Dave on his R6), I wandered around enjoying the sights, smells (RACE GAS!), and sounds in the warm air under crystal-clear blue skies. I found Yamaha Factory rider Jason DiSalvo (ringer!), and caught him speeding out for a practice session, he's pretty quick, too.

Chris tipped me off to a pitlane suspension guru, and for $20.00 I had him check and adjust my suspension settings on the ZX7R. I was close...I had the sag nailed, along with the chain tension. He added a few clicks of compression to my shock, and kicked the rebound up three clicks in the front. He gave me a few pointers and things to watch for, and was a very pleasant fellow who seemed to know his stuff. Chris can tell us who it was, Dave something, he sounded English, very nice guy.

I stayed 'till 4:00pm I think, said my tidings, and geared up for the sprint home...Suspension felt NICE!

Now, with half of a Chimay gone, 9% alcohol BTW (Screemers!), and with Rotisserie chicken on order, I leave you with the link to some pics I took, and the hot tip that round one of the AMA Supercross series is on LIVE on Speed in about 10 minutes.

http://mvagusta.net/gallery/twoeleve...eedway1607/1_G

Did I mention I love Supercross? I do!

Best of luck to our boys Vince, David, Dave, and Chris in their WERA races tomorrow!

Cheers!!!

Griff (hiccup)
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 02-29-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Nevermore
Thanks for the pics and write up, Griff. There must be something wrong with your camera, however, as I look much bigger on my R1 than Jason DiSalvo, ha ha. It was great to see you, and wow, the day turned out much better than expected. I hope for more of the same tomorrow. Now back to Supercross!

============
Chris - WSMC 515/WERA 511
05 R1
02 F4S
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore
Thanks for the pics and write up, Griff. There must be something wrong with your camera, however, as I look much bigger on my R1 than Jason DiSalvo, ha ha. It was great to see you, and wow, the day turned out much better than expected. I hope for more of the same tomorrow. Now back to Supercross!
Don't worry Chris, Jason said that not only was he learning new lines from watching you ( ), he is extremely jealous that you can touch the ground from your seat, whereas he has to be caught by his crew when pulling in, to prevent tip-over!!!

Good luck today, stay safe and go quick...

Griff
twoeleven
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 11:01 PM

Thanks Griff, but unfortunately the races today were canceled due to high winds. I'm disappointed, but I have to give WERA credit for putting safety first. I hope David and Vince made it home safely.

P.S. I'll bet Jason DiSalvo was relieved, though, because he knew I had something for him

Ha ha, I was going to be the backmarker holding him up!

============
05 R1
02 F4S

Last edited by Nevermore; 01-07-2007 at 11:29 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 11:08 PM

It was nice to meet everyone, as always. (Larry, you are too kind.)
Attached Images

"Every mistake is a learning opportunity"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Lookin good, David. I think the photographer got some great shots of Vince, too. He actually had a few of my dirt track detour , ha ha, but I might actually order this one
Attached Images

============
05 R1
02 F4S
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 AM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
thanks Larry for awesome pix.

man i wish i was there too

i didn't know that every body gonna be there

because i just got back from korea so i'm try to org. my self.

nice to see Vince and David, Dave pix.

and awesome super R1 pix.

well hope you guys had happy new year and since i'm back

hope 2 see everyone sometime soon.

take care~

STEVE Lee ^^
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
good Guys!!!!!
You are good rider I saw!!!!!
Thanks for photos!!!!
Still pics please!!!
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 11:58 AM

Thanks Pier. Ever get the Poster?

============
05 R1
02 F4S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode