Netizen and 211 ride Ortega! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Netizen and 211 ride Ortega!

Netizen arrived this morning at mi casa on his beautiful F41000R. Despite my offer to have him ride anything in my garage, he opted for his own F4...Huh, figures!

He told me I had to roll out the Tamburini so I did, grabbed a few pics, and we headed out south in search of some curvy roads. We followed my standard route along Old Temescal Canyon, paralleling the CA15 south towards Lake Elsinore. Traffic was light and the roads were clear, so we banked it on the Ortega Highway and tore up to the Candy Store near the summit. We retraced our route back down the eastern side and into Elsinore, where we were greeted at the Chevron by an MV Fanatic who was in hog heaven, staring at the two machines and telling tales of his days on his now sold 748 Duc.

At this point, at my request we switched bikes, and I got my first ride ever on the formidable F41000R, very nice machine, and I chased Netizen north as he tried to speed away forever on the Tamburini!

We piled back up to Tom's farms, and parked the machines in a long row of Harleys, and ordered up some freshly grilled Chicken sandwiches and an order of chili cheese fries...Yum! A band cranked out southern rock on the edge of the duck pond, and we watched the droves of people swing by and admire the Motorcycle Art...BTW, the chicks DIG the Alcantara seat, I'm thinking about having some pants made out of the stuff!

After verifying that we were NOT Harley guys, we remounted and rode the backroads back up to my house.

A group ride of two MV's is just what the doctor ordered, and I truly enjoyed the sun, the bikes, the food, the ride, and the great company.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 02-29-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 05:21 PM

Nice write-up. I love the look of your Tambo. Hopefully I can see it in person someday. It's been a long time since i've been to LA might have to make a trip down when I get the R.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
cool ride
nice shots
glad you guys had fun
and..... happy that the CHEESE FRIES didn't have a negative "effect" on your ride home

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 07:11 PM

Lawrence swapped out his black for a red R??
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 07:20 PM
lk

I had a fantastic time.. THANKS LARRY!!!
Since i'm a beginner, compared to most on the forum, I'm grateful to ride with any of my fellow MVr's.

Todays ride was a visit, an adventure and a small class. I got to see where my friend lives.. a beautiful area that makes you feel like your on vacation.. I'm spending next summer in Corona at the pool half the time and on the bike riding Ortega the other. Thankfully Larry's got a big home to accommodate. I guess i can do my part and bbq a feast. Ohh.. and Larry has got a palace.. i mean.. "garage".. with a feast of toys. Wish i was his neighbor.

The adventure was when I was taken around town, through these wonderful roads.. the back-roads were great! Thats where you can open the engine up wide and let her breath. With Larry's blessing.. i opened up his Tambo, just a wee bit, and hit 120.. then thought.. I need RG3's.. then figured.. hmm.. i'll slow down to let him catch up since my bike is still in the break in period.. and can't be ridden hard. The Tambo felt like it was worth every penny. The Tambo's sound, quick revving engine and added torque was addictive and instantly apparent and instantly gratifying. It was clear that the standard MV engine is being held back.. but it felt good to know that the power will be there when i'm ready to invest.

Following Griff up Ortega was both an adventure, being my first time, and a class. While 211 was in my sights i tried watching his moves to see what kinds of speeds and angles he was entering the corners.. not trying to go at his speed but definitely taking notes. I had a great time.. Ortega is certainly fun.. long sweepers everywhere, desert and forest scenery, clean air. I will be happy to ride the hour to Corona to then ride Ortega next time.

As far as chicken sandwiches and chili cheese fries.. two thumbs up. The scenery had some young hotties too. Personally. i dont think my day could have gotten much better.. a great ride, a great friend, cheesy country music and a moment on a Tambo.

Mika: I sold my black one.. an offer i couldnt refuse.. so i bought a red one.

Last edited by lk; 12-31-2006 at 09:40 PM. Reason: to complete it
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 PM

Very cool. Sounds like a great time.

Mike

2006 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100...his
2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750...hers
2007 MV Agusta Brutale 910R
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:18 AM
anothermvfanatic
man you guys rock
great pics
and obviously a great ride
i have never seen a tamburini in the flesh!so thanks again for the pics and description of what it rides like
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:26 AM

PM me next time, i live about 2 miles from Ortega on the other side.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Great story, very lucky to get a ride on the Tamburini!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Wow!!! That must have been a blast!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode