Crystal Cove Exotic Car Show 9-16-06 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Crystal Cove Exotic Car Show 9-16-06

Why everyone doesn't move to Southern California is beyond me! I awoke to a beautiful sunrise, clear blue sky, and a nice cool day.

The Tamburini was up in the rotation, so I fired her up, and set sail for Crystal Cove. I shot up CA15 to CA91, and took that to the Autobahn, the 241 Toll road through the Ortega foothills. The road was clear, the weather was perfect, and tha Tambo was howling. I will admit to SLIGHTLY exceeding the posted speed limit, but only because it only had two digits on the sign. I caught the 133 Toll south to Laguna Canyon, and filed my way down to PCH. Quick pit stop on the corner, and then North on to PCH and up to the Crystal Cove Shopping Center a few miles north.

I arrived at 8:30 am, and there was already a parade of exotics leaving, this is an EARLY event. There was only 5 or so bikes there, so I parked and walked around all of the cars. There was some SERIOUS hardware there, including an Enzo, wow!

We should DEFINATELY plan a meeting here!!!

I snapped a few pics for y'all, and headed back to Laguna Canyon to catch the 73 Toll south to CA5, and took that to Highway 74, my beloved Ortega Highway. I had an incredible ride over the mountain, with NO CARS after I cleared the initial "flats" area. No cops, no cars, no cares. I let the bike do what it does best, and was quickly back on the Elsinore side. I stopped at my local Harley hang-out for an egg sandwich, Tom's Farms, and then took the short-shot home up the 15. Here are the pics!!!

Crystal Cove Exotics 9-16-06

Second Saturday in a row that I have had to see a yellow 749S bundled up, this one was on Grand Street in Elsinore, couldn't tell what happened, but the road was straight there. Rider seemed okay, bike was thrashed. The yellow paint must be magnetically attracted to pavement.

Shiny side goes up, boys!

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 02-29-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 02:22 PM

sounds like a nice day man!

Myself I couldnt stand to live in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia..... other than that a lovely piece of land I have to admit.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I'm telling you, Crystal Cove is THE Exotics show. I'm sure i will see photos of your Tamburini on other sites! Will post them here. Hope to see you soon there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Established Member

Man, this post really made me miss SoCal. I have a place just a few minutes south of Crystal Cove. I used to stop by that Starbucks in the morning on the way to my old office in Newport Beach on what used to be THE best commute EVER!

In simpler days, my buddies and I would leave work, hop on the bikes, ride out to Silverado Canyon, through RSM, up the 5, down the 133, and race the sunset towards Crystal Cove.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

In simpler days, my buddies and I would leave work, hop on the bikes, ride out to Silverado Canyon, through RSM, up the 5, down the 133, and race the sunset towards Crystal Cove.
Thank you for ending my debate on a sunset cruise this evening...I am outta here!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 09:57 PM

i was gonna go but slept til 10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode