MV Agusta Motorcycle Enthusiasts of Australia. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Question MV Agusta Motorcycle Enthusiasts of Australia.

MV Agusta.M.E.A How does that that sound to anyone?

In the "Aussies unite" thread the mention of banding together socially and more organised was touched upon a couple of times but nothing came of it.

Theres a bunch of people (now easily contactable) with many varied skills who if working together could run a successful ,well organised, enjoyable and sociable MV riders club for the many Aussie owners not only on this site but countless others too. In saying that, the people here would be a pretty bloody good start.

Any thoughts/interest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Great idea - we have a good start with the gathering of people who went on the 1st Muster.

I'm happy to be involved and contribute some of my time in any "committee" / organisational roles etc.

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 05:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
On the surface it is a very good idea. We would need to consider the benefits of such a body though. In other words, what would it achieve that could not be achieved simply through the forum or by other means. Associations and formal bodies are actually quite difficult to establish there is a pretty rigourous application and audit process); and you should never underestimate the effort required to meet fiduciary responsibilities (minutes, AGM's, elections etc). A great idea, but I think we need to all consider the 'WHY?" and be sure to understand the effort required. Let's keep throwing the idea around....

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM

Great idea!
I'd love to help out in any way possible.
As BrutaleLuke mentions, depending on how "official" we'd like to get with it, there are strict guidelines that need to be adhered to. But if its just something we start through the means of this forum at first, and then see how it goes and if it gathers good momentum we look at getting serious with it.

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 PM

I would be more inclined to keep things unofficial.

My big concern is an official club really needs to be on their best behaviour at all times. Not that we don't behave ourselves, but you know what i mean --> A bloke blasting past is just a bloke blasting past. A bloke blasting past who happens to be riding with a club, word gets around it's 'the MV club' misbehaving and it damages everyone.

Organising larger events becomes an exercise in torture for whoever takes the leadership role. Besides you can get group discounts when organising things anyway so i don't think having a 'named' club would benefit much financially?

I think our group is small enough whereby the forum can be the central place for organising meets. Maybe when a ride/meet is on, someone sends out an email to all parties with the link to the thread on the events forum?
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 PM

i wouldnt be too concerned about the negative press off group rides.DOCNSW has run them for years with fairly regular 20 bikes plus and the odd time we have run upto 150.Too average joe public,they are all motorcycles!! and your not wearing club colours splashed all over your back!!..Biggest trouble is the size of membership base[its approx 450].Basic theory will run at slightly less than 10% active membership and half of those maybe committee members or people that will assist in organising club activities/displays/shows/rides etc.Personal experience{yes im a current committee member docnsw}.A small base will struggle[approx 100members] !! scdoc is an example,great intentions,but other time commitments family/work from memberships have made it tough.with typically only getting 3 to 4 on a ride.If you want to join a club,we accept all[docnsw] and so will other clubs. there is also the Classic Italian Motorcycle Club,CIMA .Its also has a membership base in Sydney,again it also struggles for people to turn up for anything and would also welcome added membership.[Br-In-Law is on that committee-is into Guzzi s] .From a technical viewpoint,It would be advisable to have a Solicitor and Accountant in your new committee to assist you through the maze of constitutional requirements set by the ACCC.Biggest issue is most people just want to go for a ride /a track day and have some fun,and not be too involved or relied upon by others demands,and who can blame them.Best advice,if you are truly serious for an MV exclusive club,maybe to have the new importer help set it up,both from a financial and bureaucratic perspective[who ever that maybe],and will give them an automatic data base to market from.From memory Honda and its dealers had the Redriders club,although i believe its now grown to a size that its now independent. hj

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..another year down!!,just two to go...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 12:23 AM

I think we just start with t-shirts, hats and fridge magnets...Glen can knock up some cooollll designs..and we can all wear at the track day in October?

BrutaleLuke

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

John (maybeamv) obviously knows the ropes here and it seems with such small numbers the logistics attached to registering would be great.

We've definately got numbers enough for well organised group rides and gatherings and as mentioned before a varied skill set and strengths amongst us. Lets perhaps start with something like a contact list (for those interested) and a monthly news letter to in the website here detailing rides, events, suggestions etc.

What do you think?

Ok....unofficial names, heres my suggestion M.V.A.R.A (pron) EMVARA.

MV Agusta Riders of Australia.
oh, and Glen photoshopping a Logo for us.... um yeah great.

Last edited by seaeagle46; 07-20-2010 at 06:48 AM.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
Glen can knock up some cooollll designs..and we can all wear at the track day in October?
Badge Design
Attached Images

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Groper View Post
Badge Design
+0

BrutaleLuke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode